This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 27, 2019 at 7:39 am #4097355

James

I am trying to: translate widgets

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

My home page is almost all widgets. I tried to add a translation for the first - why love us? but only the widget title appears to translate as a widget.

Following the instructions I tried to find the wording in the strings translator. It was not there so I went to Translate texts in admin screens » found the texts, checked them and applied - there was a message saying they can now be translated in the string translator.

However, the texts still do not appear. (Although the widget title is there)

Also I added the language selector to the menu and only the current language shows.
I am assuming that it is because no content has been translated yet.

June 27, 2019 at 8:33 am #4097955

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please share your Debug information with me? You can read the detailed explanation about it here.

http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support

The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Could you please try to set 'Pages' to 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language' at WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation section.

Does the Widget Translations appear now? Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 27, 2019 at 9:39 am #4098561

James

Thanks am now sending debugging info

June 27, 2019 at 9:52 am #4098843

James

I changed set 'Pages' to 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language' at WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation section.

but still can't see any text for the widget.

June 27, 2019 at 10:23 am #4099075

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Please increase the WP Memory Limit (your current setting is 40M). Minimum requirements are 128Mb:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

- Add it above the line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ 

Also, I would like to recommend you to increase your max input vars, currently it has a value of 1000 in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support section.
Please, try to increase it to 5000. You might need some assistance from your host to properly set this up.

See:
hidden link
hidden link

Then try to search for the strings again in WPML > String Translation and translate them completely.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 28, 2019 at 9:03 am #4105803

James

Hi,

Your suggetions have helped. The strings from the widgets now appear and can be translated. I have done about 8 but they do not change on the website after you save them.

June 28, 2019 at 10:20 am #4106481

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please try these steps and see if it resolves the issue?

Note: Please make sure to make a complete backup of your site before proceeding.

-Go to WPML>>Support page
-Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page)
-In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
-Recreate ST DB cache tables

If the issue still persists, please check if this issue appears when:

- All non WPML Plugins are disabled except the plugins required to debug. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Sixteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Note: Please backup your site completely before doing this test.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Widget and strings’ is closed to new replies.