Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alfredo 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Adriano.

Author Posts
October 2, 2013 at 3:43 pm #271809

Alfredo

Hello, I need some help.
I have translated an Italian page, into English and French.
All is working fine into english translation, but in French (a copy of Italian translated) doesn't work a widget.
Into Italian page hidden link
you can see below the gallery the social sharing widget, while into french translation i have added it but not showing.
hidden link
Could u help me to solve this iusse? I'm just bit in hurry 'cause I have a dead line tomorrow!:O
Thanks and regards.

October 2, 2013 at 4:45 pm #271834

Adriano

Dear Alfredo,

Did you mark this string as complete at String Translation for French language? If it is done already I recommend another option for you, as you have little time: http://wpml.org/2011/03/howto-display-different-widgets-per-language/

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

October 2, 2013 at 5:13 pm #271848

Alfredo

Dear Adriano,
I mark string as complete but it soesn't still work. The strange that in English works fine without any operation or changes.
The 2 nd solution is not easy for me. It's is not properly a widget but a widget area created with the advanced editor provided by the Enfold theme. Any suggestions, pleae? Could you log in to check?
Thanks and Regards.

October 2, 2013 at 5:35 pm #271855

Adriano

Dear Alfredo,

I’ll send you a private email right now asking you for some private information that will help me debug this issue for you. Please check your email in a couple of minutes, and if you don’t get it, let me know so I can send it again.

October 3, 2013 at 9:18 am #272094

Alfredo

Hello Adriano. Any news? I'm a just a bit hurry:) I'm sorry for the rush.

October 3, 2013 at 2:00 pm #272283

Adriano

Dear Alfredo,

If you go to WPML > Theme and Plugins Localization you will see that the fr_FR.mo file is missing. It should works if you download it and upload in "wp-content/languages".

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

October 3, 2013 at 4:40 pm #272358

Alfredo

Hello Adriano,
I've uploaded .mo file but still doesn't work.

October 3, 2013 at 7:04 pm #272394

Adriano

I did a test adding these social widget in a common sidebar as you can see in this french page (a 404 page), and the widget is displayed properly there: hidden link

So we have a compatibility problem between the plugin which is this custom widget, the best way in this case is create a custom sidebar in the code and then add that social widget there as I did in the default sidebar.

November 1, 2013 at 7:51 pm #285652

Alfredo

Thank so much