This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 21, 2019 at 5:58 am #4615443

thomasK-114

I am trying to: translate my widget on footer

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Greek Translate and translate to English

Instead, I got: My widget they have english flag on the left but the text is greek. So i want to translate for example the text i have on widget and everything is in greek language even english or greek so i cant translate my widget text

September 22, 2019 at 8:09 am #4617631

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You can change the language of a certain text domain, please go to WPML >> String Translation and click the "Languages of Domains" link ( screenshot attached). Here, you can select the domain and change the English language to Greek language.

If you want to change some specific string default language to other language then you can do it by selecting required string checkboxes and select Greek language from ‘Change the language of selected strings’ dropdown as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Here is doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#original-language-of-strings

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you