Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 29, 2020 at 5:24 pm #6251759

maria-carlaM

I’m struggling with widget translation for my Italian website that I’m trying to translate to English.

I tried both methods:
1. With string translation: I had to set Italian as the main language of widgets (WPML detected English) and then provided an English version. I checked “translation complete” and saved, but the English version is still showing Italian;
2. I created clone widgets, the Italian version to be shown only in Italian pages, and the English version to be shown only in English pages. This works, but the front page widgets change their positions. This is because the widget areas of my theme change based on how many widgets are active. So, for example, if I had 2 widgets in Italian, they would take half the space each, but if I create English versions, the visible widgets will only take one fourth of the space each. Of course, this is not acceptable, especially if, in the future, I decide to translate into more languages.

My theme is a Genesis child (Smart Passive Income Pro) and, as far as I can see, Genesis should be supported.

June 1, 2020 at 7:26 am #6263485

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Maria,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

You should be able to translate the widgets through WPML → String translation, as you mentioned in point #1.

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at the widgets that you're using, please?

Also, a link to the page where I can see these widgets will be very helpful too.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
    Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] widget translation’ is closed to new replies.