This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vasileiosZ-2 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 15, 2019 at 3:44 pm #4574971

vasileiosZ-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?My site is in Greek and I want to translate it in English. When I am translating a widget into English the translation appeared into greek page. Also at the field where I must place the english phrase is always an english flag and asks to translate in Greek. I believe that this must be opposite. (The flag must be greek and the field must be english.

Is there any documentation that you are following? I saw a video of yours

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

September 16, 2019 at 8:12 am #4577277

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You can change the language of a certain text domain, please go to WPML >> String Translation and click the "Languages of Domains" link ( screenshot attached). Here, you can select the domain and change the English language to Greek language.

If you want to change some specific string default language to other language then you can do it by selecting required string checkboxes and select Greek language from ‘Change the language of selected strings’ dropdown as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Here is doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#original-language-of-strings

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

September 23, 2019 at 6:24 am #4620641

vasileiosZ-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!