Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: WP JobSearch jobs page offers a location filter in the sidebar, if locations are translated, the filter shows all locations in all languages. Solution: The plugin should be patched as explained in https://wpml.org/forums/topic/widget-translation-languages-menu-in-top-menu/page/7/#post-4561865

This topic contains 110 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by rohanK 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
September 4, 2019 at 10:46 am #4510233

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

Thanks for the follow up on this matter.

Do you know if WPML developers are still working on it? Do you have an idea when it could be fixed?

I opened this ticket the 5th of June 2019. What is taking so long to find a fix?

Thanks a lot for your help, support and explanations,

Kind regards,

Sophie

September 4, 2019 at 11:04 am #4510339

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Sophie,

Our compatibility team is actually working on it. I reached to them today too and they are testing another patch. Hopefully today, I'll test it again on my local copy and give you a feedback.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 4, 2019 at 12:57 pm #4511231

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

Thanks again for following up on our case.

I am looking forward to hearing from you, and feel free to test the new solution on our website as I gave you the access and did a backup with Duplicator.

Kind regards,

Sophie

September 4, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4512313

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Sophie,

Sorry, but the patch(typo correction in the previous patch, see the difference in return value) did not work for me, and it blows the styling for me too. I informed the compatibility team about this.
I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 4, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4512397

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

Ok, thanks for the follow up.

Hope they will find a solution very soon, keep me posted,

Kind regards,

Sophie

September 10, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4546587

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Sophie,

I am sorry to tell you this. But I was not talking about the same issue with the compatibility team. The compatibility team has actually fixed the issues with the sidebar as you can see in this image hidden link

I was reporting errors about the attached image(locations-duplicated.png).

I suppose that I did not understand the issue very well after I replaced Andreas in this ticket. Can you confirm which issue you are willing to fix?

Best regards,
Jamal

September 11, 2019 at 10:20 am #4552487

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

Actually, I am talking about the both issues. I have attached pictures to help you understand:

- Job search bar --> country fields --> shown in all languages : on the screenshot, you can the german translation while it is a page in french and if you click on "load more", you will have all the translations (english, french, spanish too)
- Job search filter on job search results pages --> location fields (including country and city) --> shown in all languages

It is not fixed for now on our website. But we have moved our website on a new server now, it is the same login details than previously but the url address is : hidden link

Could add fix the issue with the job search filter on this website ? and let us know how to fix the issue about the job search bar ?

Waiting for your news,

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards

September 12, 2019 at 11:09 am #4560383

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

Hope you are well. Do you need other infos from me?

Waiting for your news,

Sophie

September 12, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4561865

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Sophie,

My apologies for the late reply, I was on sick leave yesterday, and I could not get another supporter to replace me.

So, I believe we have fixed the second issue "Job search filter on job search results pages", the latest fix I tested locally was working.
I consists of replacing a function(jobsearch_get_terms_woutparnt) in the plugin in "/wp-jobsearch/includes/common-functions/candidate-functions.php" with the following code

function jobsearch_get_terms_woutparnt($taxonomy = 'job-location', $orderby = 'terms.name', $order = 'ASC', $hide_empty = false) {
    global $wpdb;
    $terms = $wpdb->get_results($wpdb->prepare("SELECT * FROM $wpdb->terms AS terms"
                    . " LEFT JOIN $wpdb->term_taxonomy AS term_tax ON(terms.term_id = term_tax.term_id) "
                    . " WHERE term_tax.taxonomy = '%s' "
                    . " ORDER BY " . $orderby . " " . $order, $taxonomy));
    $terms_this_lang = [];
    $current_lang = apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', NULL );
    foreach ($terms as $term) {
        $args = array('element_id' => $term->term_id, 'element_type' => $taxonomy );
        $term_lang = apply_filters( 'wpml_element_language_code', null, $args );
        if ($current_lang === $term_lang)  {
            $terms_this_lang[] = $term;
        }
    }

return $terms_this_lang;
}

I tried to implement the fix using WP File Manager, but the server(hidden link) is not responsive anymore. I might have crashed the website. Please check with your hosting provider to help us recover the website. Or provide me FTP access to fix this.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 12, 2019 at 6:59 pm #4564077

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

Thanks for your reply. I hope you feel better today.

The website is back to life but you can do the changes on internationalrecruitmentagency.com finally, if you do it today 😉

I do not have the ftp access but Cpanel access that I believe I gave you previously. Please advise me if not.

I am afraid this new solution you provided in your last message does not work neither on internationalrecruitmentagency.com if hidden link went down but please feel free to try and let me know.

Do you have an update concerning the issue with the job search bar too (first problem why I opened this ticket)?

Thanks a million for your precious help and support,

Kind regards,

Sophie

September 13, 2019 at 11:01 am #4567755

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Sophie,

Thank you for your feedback.

Regarding the Location search filters in Sidebar, I implemented the fix in hidden link but the Location widget is now different. You can see how the fix is acting on the migrated site hidden link

Can you revert back the widget to the previous layout to check if the fix resolves the issue?

I also implemented it on the new server hidden link
But there seem to be other issues that prevent the location filter link "See more" to not work.
It is probably another issue, related to Javascript files. Let me know if we should handle it.

Regarding the issue with the job search bar, the compatibility team has asked that we reproduce this issue again from scratch. I already created a new installation and uploaded the parent and child themes (The7) and uploaded the WP Jobsearch plugin. But I would like your help there to continue. Please configure WPML similarly to your website and created a couple of locations and jobs to demonstrate the issue. Here the link to login to this new Install
hidden link

Please also specify how do you do to add the Search bar! Is it through a shortcode? or a theme or plugin options?

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 13, 2019 at 1:01 pm #4568745
rohanK

Hello Janam,

I wanted you to made the change on internationalrecruitmentagency.com actually. It is not your code that has an effect on the job search filter, it is because it is not the same configuration on approachpeoplerecruitment.com.
Note that I cannot access hidden link

I don't see the job search plug in so I cannot add locations so I will let you do it. To add the same job location settings:
1. Go to Job Search Option in the left menu
2. Go to Location Settings
3. Enable Locations
4. Choose "Manual" locations type
Choose "On" for Location fields
5. Choose "Two field" for enable filter
6 First field labl called: Country, make this field required
7. Second field label: City, make this field required
8: Do not allow Full Adress (select "no")

To create the main locations (country):
1. go to "Jobs" on the left menu and click on "Location"
2. Add a location
3. Edit location
4. Add a translation

To add a job search bar, you can copy past the code below:
[jobsearch_advance_search result_page="jobs-international" keyword_field="show" cat_field="show" loc_field="show" loc_field1="show" loc_field2="hide" loc_locate_1="" serch_btn_txt="SEARCH JOBS" serch_txt_color="#ffffff" undefined="Clear" serch_bg_color="#dd1616" undefined="Clear" serch_hov_color="#ff0000"] [/jobsearch_advance_search]

Then you should be able to reproduce the error and see all the translation of the main locations in the job search bar.

Let me know about the two issues, and please implement the solution for the Location search filters in Sidebar on internationalrecruitment.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards,

Sophie

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp-jobsearch-search-bar-shows-locations-from-all-languages/

September 16, 2019 at 10:39 am #4579041

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Sophie,

I would like to ask you continue on the sidebar job filters on this ticket and handle the search bar location filter in a new ticket I created.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp-jobsearch-search-bar-shows-locations-from-all-languages/

For the Sidebar Search job, I was able to access the migrated site today, sometimes it needs to be refreshed because the server hosts several installations and sometimes crashes. See the attached image, the fix has resolved the issue on it.
But on your website, the location filter is different. It does not show duplicated locations. See(different-sidebar-location-filter.png) .
Let me know if you think that the sidebar location filter is not fixed.

For the issue of the search bar, I managed to reproduce it(job-search-bar.png). And I am escalating it right now to compatibility developers, Let's continue on it on the second ticket I created.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 16, 2019 at 11:37 am #4579827

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

It was another configuration but it is not the one I a going to use, I have add back the location configuration I will use, and the issue is still here on hidden link and hidden link

When can we expect a permanent solution? That is the last things we miss to launch our website now.

Waiting for your news,

Kind regards

September 16, 2019 at 12:00 pm #4579939

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I believe that the fix we provided(I implemented it on your server) for the sidebar location filter is now working. I was testing on this page hidden link
Now that you have used the previous widget, It seems to me that the issue is resolved.

I am also afraid that once you update the WP Jobsearch plugin, the fix might be lost. We have patched the plugin, and once it is updated, new files will replace actuall files(patched) and we may get the issue, again. Please do not update the plugin directly on your server, use a staging site to check first.

Please, ask the plugin author to join our Go Global Program https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/ in order to make the plugin fully compatible with WPML.

If I sill misunderstood the issue, please bear with me and explain what issues are there in these two pages you talked about in your last message:
- hidden link and
- hidden link

Best regards,
Jamal