Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelD-67 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
December 10, 2018 at 9:32 am #2983266

michaelD-67

Dear Sir,
I use WPML in website fun4all.gr. I have 2 problems:
1) In Footer I have a Static Block Widget. I have 2 static blocks, one for English and one for GReek Language. But when I choose language the final page show me the last language that I choose and does not switching the 2 blocks when I change the language. Ho can I do this with WPML?
2) I have a greek form in mailchimp for WP and I put the shortcode of this form in Theme Options. How can I have the English translation of this form?

Thanks in advance!
Michael L. Diamantidiis
Vision Computer Applications
Greece

December 10, 2018 at 10:17 pm #2986214

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hi!

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

To translate Widgets please go to WPML ->String Translation and select the domain "Widgets". You should be able to translate your footer area there. You can even search for
single strings by using the search field.

In regards to your second question you mentioned that you placed a shortcode into the theme. Shortcodes for Mailchimp forms can be placed into posts, pages or text widgets.

To make those forms available for translations please go to WPML ->Settings -> Post type translations and set the MailChimp Sing-Up Form to be translatable. Please take note that you have two options here from which one will fallback to the default language in case the form has not yet been translated into a third language. You are further able to translate there the slug for the form to each language.

You can translate your MailChimp Form by using Translation Management and the filter "Sign-Up-Form".

More info about how to translate MailChimp Form s you can find in our documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,
Andreas

December 18, 2018 at 3:42 pm #3012831

michaelD-67

Dear Sir,
Sorry for the late but I wait the answer from theme creator (madrasthemes, SPORTEXX theme) and his answer is :
". Please try "Displaying different widgets for different languages" from WPML for Footer widgets block. You can add widget for two languages separately and select difference static block for each language.
Ref: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/ "
I try this with no luck because the static blocks that I translate does not appearing in "Select a Static Block" choice. Also the mailchimp work very well with translating the form in Translating Strings.
Thanks in advance!
Michael Diamantidis
Greece

December 18, 2018 at 4:31 pm #3013073

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

Thank you for your answer.

Just a short clarification. Are you referring yourself to the footer text about cookies? You said you can not find inside Appearance -> Widgets. Could you please clarify with which plugin or theme option this element has been created?

I way to translate this text might be to translate admin texts with String Translation.

Please go to WPML -> String Translation and simply search by free text for some string content of this footer text. If you might not find anything related to the footer you will need to do the following.
Scroll down until you see the option "translate texts in admin screens". there please check for entries regarding your theme or any plugin that might be related to this footer text. Once you locate the strings you only need to mark the checkbox for the corresponding string and then you will find it on String Translation as available for translation.

Please let me know if this solved your issue.

Best regards,
Andreas

December 18, 2018 at 6:29 pm #3013488

michaelD-67

Dear Sir,
I attached images to explain what I mean with Static Blocks and translations of them.

Thanks in advance!
Michael Diamantidis

Footer Widgets No Static Block.png
Footer Widgets Select.png
Footer Widgets Greek.png
Footer Widgets English.png
Static Blocks.png
December 18, 2018 at 7:45 pm #3013689

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

Thank you very much for the detailed information.

Could you please clarify which plugin produces the Static Blocks and please verify if this post type is set to the option "translate" at WPML -> Settings - > Post Types Translation.

Best regards,
Andreas

December 19, 2018 at 9:46 am #3015654

michaelD-67

Dear Sir,
The Static Blocks are from the SPORTEXX theme from Mandras Themes and yes they have the option for translations.

Thanks in advance!
Michael Diamantidis

December 19, 2018 at 4:06 pm #3017468

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

Thank you for your message.

Before we start debugging I would kindly like to ask you to make a backup of your site and DB. Then please update WPML to its latest version. Please also update any additional plugin that is outdated.

Just to clarify the issue. I do not see this footer block on your current website therefor the main issue is that you can not add this block to the site, correct? The question for me would be if the issue still persists when WPML and its add-ons are deactivated to clarify if this issue might be related to the theme or a different plugin.

In order to debug the issue I created a test site running WordPress 5.0.1. and I would kindly like to ask you to recreate the issue there with your theme and any related plugin activated.

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: Rpz4Ne88d3SJ

Please let me know if you do have any further questions.

Best regards,
Andreas

December 19, 2018 at 4:38 pm #3017616

michaelD-67

Dear Sir, thank you for your support.
NO, I can't made all my website and all the configurations in your test environment because I need over a month. I forward the problem in theme creator and I wait answer. But this I can't do it because in my website fun4all.gr we have too many configurations and translation options that does not reproduced just like that. My host provider also have a daily backup and hourly backups.
Thanks in advance!
Michael Diamantidis
Greece

December 19, 2018 at 5:28 pm #3017753

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

It is not necessary to recreate the whole site. I would need the theme and the respective plugins to recreate the issue. Another way would be to recreate your website on my localhost by using a plugin named Duplicator to create a backup package.

Please let me know if this might be in your interest.

Best regards,
Andreas

December 19, 2018 at 6:48 pm #3017940

michaelD-67

Dear Sir,
thank you for your support. To recreate the issue it is dificult because we must create home page and all the static blocks with thier translation which is very painful and needs very long time to made this. Also the Duplicator is forbiten to run from my hosting provider.
Thanks in advance!
Michael Diamantidis
Greece

December 19, 2018 at 10:06 pm #3018202

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

Thank you for your message.

I could recreate your website on a localhost manually without using the duplicator plugin if you provide access to wp-admin and ftp-access.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Please let me know if this might be convenient for you.

Best regards,
Andreas

December 20, 2018 at 4:50 pm #3021747

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

To troubleshoot this issue without affecting your site I created a test server for you in Cloudways (https://wpml.org/hosting-partner/cloudways/).

If it is OK with you, we can migrate your content there to further debugging without any risk on your end.

To do the migration please follow these simple steps:

-Install this plugin in your site: Cloudways WordPress Migrator (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bv-cloudways-automated-migration/)

-After you activate it you will be redirected to the migration form

-Fill it with this information:

%content%

--Email
Your email here, as you will be notified about the migration progress.

--Database Name
azezbxduzh

--Database Username
azezbxduzh

--Database Password
Vf9P4xEJRG

--SFTP Username
andreas-2983266

--Destination Site URL
hidden link

--Server Public IP Address

--SFTP Password
andreas-2983266

-Agree with the terms of service and click on "Migrate"

More information:

hidden link
You will get an email when the migration starts, and one when the migration ends.
Let me know when the migration is ready and I will check the issue in the test site immediately.

The copy of your site will be online, but search engines won't index it (the copy) so you don't have to worry about duplicate content.

The information you share with us will be confidential. Once the problem is resolved the details you shared with us will be deleted from our records.
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Best regards,
Andreas

December 20, 2018 at 4:52 pm #3021790

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

I just sent you a private e-mail with access to a test server. Please follow the instructions inside the email so that we will be able to further assist you about the issue.

Best regards,
Andreas

December 20, 2018 at 6:46 pm #3022225

michaelD-67

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your support. The migrations it's done.
Good news! Your site has completed its migration to Cloudways. We encourage you to check out your site at hidden link.
Be sure to check your site carefully to ensure all data has been properly moved over. If you find that the migration of your site is incomplete, please reach out to our 24x7 Support Team via live chat.
Sincerely,
The Cloudways Team
Best Regrads
Michael Diamantidis
Greece