Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nina Gonzalez 4 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Mohamed Khafaja.

Author Posts
January 18, 2016 at 8:28 pm #790570

Nina Gonzalez

I am trying to: translate several widgets, some are text, others are php. I would like to use string translation to manage the translate, but it does not work. I was able to get WPML Widget to work, but now I have so many widgets. I would prefer to do this with string translation, if I can get it to work.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: staging1.earthcharter.org

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

January 19, 2016 at 11:13 am #791016

Mohamed Khafaja
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Widget strings can be registered by going to WPML >> String translation >> Click on Translate texts in admin screens » link >> Find the widget the you want to translate and select it >> Click on the Apply button

Now go back to the String translation screen and check if the strings are registered for translation.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thank you

January 19, 2016 at 7:45 pm #791586

Nina Gonzalez

Thanks that was very helpful. Yes I am not able to find my logo, footer, widget, etc. And I was able to translate them, but the translations do not appear on the site.

January 20, 2016 at 9:36 am #791924

Mohamed Khafaja
Supporter

Hi,

Since the strings are now registered on the string translation screens and translated but now showing on the front-end. You can check the below link on how to translate widgets using WPML widgets:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Specially at the bottom of the article in "When String Translation is not available" section.

In this section, we recommend one of these two plugins (Widget Logic , WPML widgets) .
You can use one of these plugins to translate your widgets with ease.

Link for WPML widgets:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpml-widgets/

❌Important❌ : Please make a complete backup of your website before proceeding the previous steps.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you

January 20, 2016 at 3:13 pm #792329

Nina Gonzalez

Yes, thank you. I am using WPML Widget and it is working (as I mentioned in my original post) but because we have so many widgets in three languages, it is not practical to keep all of them in sync using WPML Widget. I would like to get the string translation to work, if possible.

January 20, 2016 at 3:58 pm #792389

Mohamed Khafaja
Supporter

Hi,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

❌Important❌ : Please make a complete backup of your website before proceeding the previous steps

Thank you

January 21, 2016 at 3:30 pm #793408

Mohamed Khafaja
Supporter

Hi,

Please be informed that my colleague Mohamed is working on the same issue(strings translated on the string translation screen not being displayed on the front-end) on the thread that you have already submitted:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woo-canvas-child-theme-logo-and-footer/

Please mark this ticket as resolved.

Thank you

January 21, 2016 at 3:49 pm #793442

Nina Gonzalez

thank you