Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by George 8 years, 2 months ago.

Author Posts
September 13, 2011 at 1:51 pm #36159

George

For some reason my widgets in the front are not all rendering properly now but even weirder is when i go to the widgets section in the admin the whole page isn't even rendering.
its not showing my sidebars on the right to drag to.
I've defined these sidebars in my functions file and am using conditional logic in sidebar.php to show/hide certain sidebars. All was working well but like I said, I can't even manage the sidebars in the admin anymore.
anyone have any clues?

September 13, 2011 at 2:04 pm #36161

George

looks like this file is preventing the page from rendering
wp-admin/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/languages.php
the multilingual text widget doesn't show properly and everything after that doesn't render.
I don't get any browser erros, but i saw a "post" call in firebug to the file above.
🙁

September 13, 2011 at 2:32 pm #36162

Anonymous

can you set wp_debug to true in wp-config.php and check if its throwing any error?

September 13, 2011 at 2:55 pm #36163

George

wow, i didn't even know that was possible, lol.
and sure i enough i see errors on that page in the admin
this is what i see
Notice: load_plugin_textdomain was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.7 with no alternative available. in /Users/Kevin/Sites/Cantol/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3323
Notice: load_plugin_textdomain was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.7 with no alternative available. in /Users/Kevin/Sites/Cantol/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3323
Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /Users/Kevin/Sites/Cantol/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3321
Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /Users/Kevin/Sites/Cantol/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3321
i'm running wp version 3.0.1
think i should upgrade? thanks in advance for the help

September 13, 2011 at 3:03 pm #36164

George

I disabled all extra plugins I had and the errors went away but still had the issues with my widget admin page. I disabled the wpml plugin and then my widget admin page came back to life and rendered as it should.
not sure what to do next.

September 13, 2011 at 5:19 pm #36165

Anonymous

Oh, I see. Those are not errors, only notices.
We know he have some problems with older versions of WP. It is possible for you to upgrade wordpress to a newer version?

September 13, 2011 at 6:13 pm #36166

George

ok, so i disabled all plugins, upgraded to wordpress 3.2 and re enabled the plugins and all seems well now 🙂
so, i guess the first 3.0 version of wordpress seems to have some hiccups.
glad it seems to be stable now though.
thanks so much for helping me feel out the issue 🙂 great support

The topic ‘[Closed] Widgets not working in front end or showing in admin properly’ is closed to new replies.