This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
September 26, 2019 at 5:53 pm #4649413

Jaimee

WordPress 5.2.3 is available to update my website. However, I get this note (please read in between dash lines):
----------------------------------------
An updated version of WordPress is available.

You can update to WordPress 5.2.3–en_US automatically:

While your site is being updated, it will be in maintenance mode. As soon as your updates are complete, your site will return to normal.

You can update to WordPress 5.2.3–fr_FR automatically:

This localized version contains both the translation and various other localization fixes. You can skip upgrading if you want to keep your current translation.

----------------------------------------
It mentions skip upgrading if I want to keep current translation. I am afraid that it will erase WPML language translations in French or English. Please advise.

September 26, 2019 at 7:43 pm #4649993

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. The upgrade message for WordPress core is related to the language files that's bundled by default with WordPress, it doesn't have any relation with WPML translations, so you shouldn't have any issue from WPML side. In any case it always a good practice to keep a backup copy before any update be it for plugins/themes or WordPress core itself. Hope it clarifies your questions and concerns, have a nice day.