This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 5:05 pm

marcoT-30

Hi, I have spent at least 1 month to optimize my site and sadly I have discovered that I lost only time because the problem was WPML!!

I have read and applied all solutions found in the forum without success. I'm confident you will find a solution before to switch to another product.

I have made my own investigations and I have discovered that the Wpml execute tons of slow queries for every loaded page!

Query monitor reported me a dozen of slow queries executed from string-translation and cms. For example:

With WPML:
Load hidden link -> 649 queries
Load hidden link -> 663 queries
Load hidden link -> 480 queries

Without WMPL:
Load hidden link -> 243 queries (!)

hidden link -> This is a copy of my site (hidden link) installed in a fresh Vps (I was thinking the main speed problem was SiteGround...)

Please don't tell me use a cache plugin because I already used and made other optimizations without a significant results.

Without WPML some times the load speed of my home page is under 1 second (Europe server) or max 2 sec. With WPML is 4/6 sec. and variable, with a few connected users and in some case 7/10sec. (!).

This huge amount of slow queries have a very bad impact in any server.

Regards
Marco

July 20, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4249857

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Marco,
Thank you for contacting us again.

In this case I would like to ask your authorization to sun some tests in the site and try to isolate the cause of the issue.

Please confirm that you made a full backup of the site.
Regards,
Carlos

July 20, 2019 at 2:09 pm #4250069

marcoT-30

Yes do what you want is a copy of the original site just to do tests.

Marco

July 21, 2019 at 4:36 pm #4252733

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Marco,
Thank you very much for your authorization.

I flushed the cache memory in the site and ran some WPML troubleshooting steps. After that I visited the site on incognito mode and here are my results (see attached images). The load times seems to be under the normal range for a site with this characteristics.

Note: I'm getting a 500 error in the front end after deactivating/activating all plugins. Could you solve this 500 error?

Regards,
Carlos

July 21, 2019 at 4:41 pm #4252825

marcoT-30

Hi Carlos and good sunday. We are working togeter in the site.

I don't know what is happened but the site was running fast and fine this afternoon.

I investigate. Today have you made some optimizations?

July 21, 2019 at 4:42 pm #4252827

marcoT-30

Today I have activated WP Total Cache and I have removed a lot of strings in the translator.

July 22, 2019 at 11:39 am #4256731

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Marco,
Thank you very much for your messages and good monday 🙂

Do you have any update regarding the performance issue in the site?

Regards,
Carlos