This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I want to edit my website using divi builder but the page is white and I see an error in the console.

Solution: Deactivate all the plugins except for WPML (and its add-ons), and then activate them back one by one. This way you'll be able to identify what's the plugin that's causing this issue. WPML is compatible with Divi (https://wpml.org/theme/divi/) so this issue is caused by one of the other plugins used on the website.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcB-71 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 3:26 pm #4505801

marcB-71

Tell us what you are trying to do?i want to edit my website using divi builder.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?thai.shop.opulabs.com

September 3, 2019 at 5:51 pm #4506739

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Marc,

I just checked the other two tickets that you opened about this and I could see that this is fixed. In this case, could you mark this ticket as resolved too, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 3, 2019 at 6:16 pm #4506895

marcB-71

In order to open this ticket, i had closed other two tickets. the issue is still not fixed. I need your help to solve this.
Other two ticket was opened by my colleagues and now I am responsible to solve this issue, so I close the other two.

September 4, 2019 at 10:52 am #4510255

Radu
Supporter

Hey Ray,

Sorry, didn't know that was the case. No worries, we'll sort this out.

First, could you copy the following code to the wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );
define( 'CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );
define( 'WP_CACHE', false );

and tell me if you see any error message on the screen when trying to use the divi builder, please?

If the page looks the same, please try to deactivate all the plugin except for WPML, and tell me if the issue goes away. I'm thinking that maybe there's a compatibility issue with some 3rd party plugin. This little test of deactivating all the other plugins will show us if that's the case.

Thanks,
Radu

September 4, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4511413

marcB-71

After adding the above code I am still facing the same issue and it's also not working by deactivating the other plugins.

September 5, 2019 at 6:36 am #4515653

Radu
Supporter

Hey Marc,

Thank you for trying this out. It seems that I'll need to check things out a bit closer and for that I'll need access to the dashboard area. Could you send me the username and password for it, please?

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 6, 2019 at 11:09 am #4525003

Radu
Supporter

Hey Marc,

Could you create a duplicator package as explained here https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ and give me a message back once it's generated, please? This way I'll be able to create a local copy of your website on my computer and check this out a bit closer (without making changes on your live website).

Thanks,
Radu

September 8, 2019 at 10:45 am #4531153

marcB-71

The google drive link :hidden link
It contains both the file that you required.

September 9, 2019 at 2:24 pm #4537981

marcB-71

Any updates?

September 10, 2019 at 7:59 am #4542703

Radu
Supporter

Hey Marc,

Sorry for this delay but we had a bigger load of tickets over the weekend and that's why I replied back a bit slower.

Can you generate a new package but this time include the /wp-content/ folder, please? I checked the excluded folders and I could see that this is a part of them but it's very important to be included in the package. Just generate a new package and give me a message back once it's done. There's no need to upload it to Google Drive. I'll just access the dashboard area and download it directly from your website.

Thanks,
Radu

September 10, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4546451

marcB-71

Hello Radu,
While adding the wp-content directory, the backup size increases to 5gb.
It would be a great help if you can create the package by your self if it's possible?

September 10, 2019 at 6:44 pm #4548317

marcB-71

Hello Radu,
I have faced one more issue, can you please tell me why my product is not showing up when I change my lang from English to thai?

September 11, 2019 at 5:54 am #4550763

marcB-71

Hello Radu,
above issue has been solved, so please ignore the above issue. Please help with me the divi issue?

September 17, 2019 at 9:40 am #4587153

marcB-71

Hello Radu,
i have created the migration, now you can check it and solve the issue.

September 19, 2019 at 11:44 am #4604337

Radu
Supporter

Hey Marc,

Thank you for taking time to make this migration. I just looked at the website copy, deactivated all the plugins except for WPML and WooCommerce, and I can use the Divi builder now. Now, all you have to do the same on your website, and activate back the plugins one-by-one, to see which one is causing this issue. After all, it seems that this is just a compatibility issue and the next steps is to find out which plugin is causing this.

Thanks,
Radu