This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
September 9, 2019 at 7:01 pm #4539797

jimiP

I am trying to:Import Images from server

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:New images that were added to Media Library

Instead, I got:Old images from December

September 10, 2019 at 1:24 am #4540745

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

September 11, 2019 at 6:40 pm #4555925

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I took a detailed look in your WordPress Dashboard and the images listed in the media library for september 2019 are exactly the images your mentioned url is showing (see attached screenshot). I also noticed you are using the Essential Grid plugin to build the layout of your mentioned page, maybe you should adjust manually in the plugin settings for this layout to update it with your latest changes.

In short I would need to know what the old image is and the new one you need to show for this page, you can provide just one sample image, it will help me to understand your issue into details and determine if it is any issue with WPML usage. Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

September 12, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4561515

jimiP

Hi Marcos,

Yes, the images are being imported into the Media Gallery, however, when you go to the post for that Resource, it is showing an old featured image, and not actually pulling in the latest image from the Media Gallery.

Here is a link to the page with the old images: hidden link

Here is a link to the resource that shows an old featured image, and not pulling in the images from the media gallery:hidden link

September 13, 2019 at 12:53 am #4564507

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. As said before, WPML usage doesn't seem to be the cause of your issue here, instead it is related to the way WordPress deals with uploaded media, when you upload a media WordPress will create a folder with the month number, something like wp-content/uploads/year/month, in this case you setup your posts before such folders for the new media is created, the only thing your posts sees is your old media as it is the path that is assigned for it. In other words, if you made something like:

1 - Uploaded the 'image-1' then created a post called 'post-1' that uses the 'image-1' as the featured image.

2 - Then upload a new 'image-1' your 'post-1' will still see the old image since image url still points to the old media.

As a solution you could try:

1 - Upload your media replacing the old media and keeping the exact same path as before, for example instead of upload it to wp-content/2019/9 you would need to make sure to upload the new media to the same folders as the old media for example wp-content/2018/12

2 - Manually set the featured image of your existing posts to point to the new images, it is the best solution in case you have just a few pages and posts.

Please, let me know if it makes sense or if you need any different approach and solution, have a nice day.

September 18, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4597963

jimiP

Just to be clear...what we are doing is uploading a csv to only update one language(spanish). We are targeting Title as unique identifier for the post and is set to only update posts with different featured images. When doing the update target new featured image is being uploaded to the media library but is not being changed in the post for the language. When running a similar import on non wpml sites this works. Is the WPML Import plugin only swapping URLs and not actually setting the correct attachment ID for the featured image?

September 19, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4607995

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It is something that needs to be tested from scratch as I don't have an accurate answer regarding this behavior, can you please, provide me with a step by step on how to replicate this issue? I will replicate it in a local server environment, it will help me to understand the issue and the cause of it. Thank you for your collaboration and continued patience, have a nice day.

The topic ‘[Closed] WMPL All Import images not working’ is closed to new replies.