Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.20 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 6, 2019 at 4:18 pm

lubomirC

I am trying to: Get my page faster.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: higher speed

Instead, I got: 30-40s load speed

Hi, I translated my page using WPML, plugin is awesome in translating, but I already red many postst from forum about slowing down page load speed. I tried https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-debug-performance-problems/ but after click on OBJECTS page goes white (maybe because I just find, I edit file on wrong FTP)... so I use Query Monitor and it goes ok and showing me soo many queries from WMPL... I dont know how to fix it.
Frankly, I thought that paid best translate plugin will not have so big problem.
My client is angry, because website is so slow. Please help me =)

May 6, 2019 at 5:47 pm #3751577

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Please implement our recommendations in this article, if it does not resolve the performance issues please allow me to take a Duplicator package and check this locally and with our eventually with our developers.
https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

May 7, 2019 at 10:00 am #3756141

lubomirC

Hi Jamal, I did everythin what I could from that site you send. I have issue to make Duplicator package. Something is blocking me. Can you help without Duplicator package?

May 7, 2019 at 10:26 am #3756385

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I tried to build the Duplicator package to no avail. It seems that some of the Duplicator package requirements are not met.
Can you share a database dump and a zip file for theme and plugins folder? Please ask your hosting provider to help if needed.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 7, 2019 at 2:05 pm #3759119

lubomirC

My hosting cant turn off Open Base Dir and cant change execution-time... so I dont know how else I can download Duplicator package. I have backup from WPMUdev.org

May 7, 2019 at 4:02 pm #3760243

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I am not sure if it will work, I have no previous experience with it. But we can do it the old school way, we will need the following files:
- Database dump.
- A zip file of the plugins folder.
- A zip file of the themes folder.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 9, 2019 at 7:21 am #3773623

lubomirC

Hi, look at this please, if its ok for you. There is whole website (so you can find there plugins and themes) with many database sql. If I should export whole database at once, I can.

I want send you URL, but I dont want to be public here. Where I can send you or how can I send it as private?

May 9, 2019 at 10:00 am #3774915

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I activated the private box, so you can share the link privately. You can also use my email that you can find in my profile page.
https://wpml.org/forums/users/jamal-b/

Best regards,
Jamal

May 9, 2019 at 12:25 pm
May 9, 2019 at 1:31 pm #3776511

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you,

I escalated the ticket to our 2nd Tier team for further analysis. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 9, 2019 at 1:53 pm #3776745

lubomirC

Thank you Jamal, have a nice day =)

May 1, 2020 at 12:32 pm #6037891

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

I'm Alejandro from WPML Support. I just wanted to let you know that you can make a backup of your site and update to the latest versions of our plugins ( https://wpml.org/fr/account/downloads/ ) that should have a greater performance.

In order to fix your specific problem i suggest that you go to WPML > Support Troubleshooting > scroll down to the bottom of the page and find 2 options and click them in the same order as i'm writing them:

- Re-generate .MO File popup
- If everything goes well with that option and all the MO files are created, click "Delete and optimise the string tables"

The second option will delete all the different elements that are no longer needed from us and optimize the different tables to work better with WPML 4.3.X onwards.

Let us know how it goes!