This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gabrielP-16 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 28, 2018 at 12:11 pm #2773686

gabrielP-16

Hello Dear,
I am trying to translate the ADDITIONAL INFORMATION string for french and arabic language.
all the other tab string can be translated smoothly ,just this one as its Default tab, can not be modify throw the page or throw the string translation.
you can see it in all products page : ex.
hidden link

for more infor i uploaded
1.jpg which it shows in UI the string not translated.
2.jpg wocommerce tab manager, where is the actual string location.

September 28, 2018 at 7:01 pm #2774717

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Please try the following

1. go to the WC Tab manager where the string is and use the language switcher in the top header , and switch to the secondary language.

- are you able to add the translation, and save ? does it show up in both languages or remains in the secondary language ?

2. How are you translating the rest of the tabs ?
- are you using String Translation ?

September 29, 2018 at 5:17 am #2775336

gabrielP-16

Dear Bobby,
thanks for your replay,
1-i already tried this, if i use this way, will remove all data in English lang, and will be added as a new in second lang. but will be same issue for others again, as you do nothing.

2-when you create new tab, its as a new page, so you can edit it normally (without string) attached picture number 4.

you may ask why this "Additional Information" not using same method, because this tab is as default added and you can not click to open page and do translation.

Regards,
Gabriel

September 29, 2018 at 5:18 am #2775359

gabrielP-16

Also for your information i try to find "additional information" string for translate,
and i found 7-8 string, but no one is for this location.

Regards

October 1, 2018 at 7:02 pm #2779232

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

if possible i would like to take a closer look in the backend

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

October 4, 2018 at 9:29 pm #2788799

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

the strings that were in String Translation were not the correct strings for the tab manager string that is why the translation was not showing.

i went to WPML->String Translation-> Translate strings in admin screen-> wc_tab_manager_default_layout -> core_tab_additional_information and found the string

then went to WPML->Settings->Custom XML Configuration and added the following code

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="wc_tab_manager_default_layout">
            <key name="core_tab_additional_information" />
            <key name="title" />
            <key name="heading" /></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

this allows you to translate the string in string translations as shown in the screenshot.

Note: During my troubleshooting within the Woocommerce->Tab Manager-> default tab layout

some options were rearranged, please review them and verify that everything is OK.

October 9, 2018 at 7:27 am #2798552

gabrielP-16

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!