This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas 6 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 13, 2013 at 5:28 am #135401

Andreas

Hi there,

I found out some strange things when I tried to translate the checkout pages of woocommerce. The main problems are: cart, checkout, checkout -> pay and order received

I tried to translate them individually. When the page in the new language opens, it's saying: this is a translation of "cart" (e.g.) in the right sidebar. So everything seems ok. But when I publish this page, the widget changes to: this is a translation of "-none-". I opened the dropdown but the pages Cart, Checkout and so on are not listed there.
I tried several ways to translate: one time from the all pages view, one time from inside the specific page. Always the same problem.

I use:
WordPress 3.5.1.
WooCommerce Version 2.0.10
WooCommerce Multilingual Version 2.3.2
WPML Multilingual CMS Version 2.6.4.1
WPML String Translation Version 1.5.4
WPML Translation Management Version 1.4.4

Theme:
Catalysttheme Framework 1.5.4
Dynamic Child Theme 1.1
Catalyst Connect Plugin for WooCommerce 1.0.1

Any idea whats going on here?

Thanks.

June 13, 2013 at 8:26 am #135452

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Andreas,

Wonder also what it could be - two things would be good to do in any case:

# Update all your WPML plugins to the newest version

To keep track easier with our different plugin versions, I can recommend using our "Installer" plugin, available here: hidden link
(Since WPML is a commercial plugin its not listed in the WP.org repository and no update notifications are sent the usual way. The "Installer" plugin hooks into many more repositories.)

Once you have installed this "Installer" plugin, please go to "Settings > Repositories", login into WPML.org and then under "Plugins" you should see which WPML versions are in need of updating.

# Switch 1x to the default WP theme "twentytwelve" - just to outrule that perhaps the theme interferes

Could you try this and let me know how it goes?

June 13, 2013 at 9:08 am #135484

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

ok thanks, I will try that and post the result here. Thanks for your fast reply.

June 13, 2013 at 12:17 pm #135580

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Andreas,

You welcome!
If things "refuse" to improve I will also involve our Woocommerce developers for you.

June 14, 2013 at 6:07 am #135787

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

ok I tried your suggestions but the problem still exists.

The site runs in english but should have german translations and spanish ones (later on). Everything is working fine with pages, posts and products using woocommerce. most of them are already translated and I wanted to go live soon. It is so strange that this problem only exists with the Cart page and the three Checkout related pages... is there something special with those, I have not recognized yet?

When I click add translation, I can even copy the content from the english version and the widget says THIS IS TRANSALTION OF CART. I tried not to publish right away but to save as draft first. But anyway the widget changes to translation of "NONE"... That - of course - caused wrong or missleading URLs for checkout in german and not even the default (english) cart can be loaded because of my permalink settings to use languages in directories. It always leads to /de/cart but the right page should be de/warenkorb and when it refers to the default english cart because there is no translation found, it should dismiss the language directory....

What I did:
I updated all WPML plugins to the current version. ==> Then tried again ==> Fail
Afterwards I switched to Twenty Twelve Theme ==> tried again ==> Fail
I turned off s2member framework plugin just to be sure... ==> tried again ==> Fail
I updated WooCommerce to current version 2.0.11 ==> made no difference at all

Further help is welcome 😉

THX

June 14, 2013 at 12:56 pm #135899

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Dear Andreas,

Do you getting the same result when you Publish the translation(Cart Page) rather than draft it.

Please let me know about your OS & PHP version.

--
With Regards

Bigul

June 14, 2013 at 1:45 pm #135917

Andreas

Hi Bigul,

yes I have the same problem when I publish the translation right away.

Here are the settings of my sandbox environment

PHP: 5.3.3-7+squeeze15
MySQL: 5.1.66

THX

June 14, 2013 at 2:54 pm #135949

Bigul
Supporter

Dear Andreas,

We are not able to replicate the issue here. Can you please send your DB and admin details after taking a backup. I will send a mail soon and please reply to it.

With Regards

Bigul

June 14, 2013 at 3:58 pm #135971

Andreas

Hi Bigul,

got your mail. Will do that asap and send you all requested details. THX

June 17, 2013 at 5:01 am #136384

Bigul
Supporter

Dear Andreas,

I received your mail and started to debugging the issue. I will get back you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

June 21, 2013 at 3:08 pm #137900

Bigul
Supporter

Dear Andreas,

We have replicate the issue and clear it the problem. It is because of some null entries. But don't know how it happen in your installation. Little strange. We have troubleshoot from WPML>>Support and run following query to clear null entries of translation table.

DELETE FROM wp_icl_translations WHERE element_id IS NULL

Please check and let me know your feedback.

With Regards

Bigul

June 27, 2013 at 1:55 pm #139580

Andreas

Hi Bigul,

thanks. Seems my problem is solved. I tested a few translations and they are fine. So thanks a lot. If anyway sth will go wrong in this case, I will post here again. THX a lot!