This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.78 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nicolas 4 years, 5 months ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is sarah.n.

Author Posts
Author Posts
June 27, 2013 at 3:33 am #139401

Lori

Hi there - I am having difficulty translating the price for Woo Subscriptions extension of Woo Commerce. I saw one other post on this product but it didn't answer my questions. I have attached a screen shot. This does not show up in string translations. Can you help me out with this? I am leaving the country at 10 a.m. Pacific Time tomorrow so would be great if we could discuss before then. Thank you.

June 27, 2013 at 4:05 am #139405

Brent

Hi Lori,

I'm the developer of the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin (not WPML) but will try to work with the WPML team on this issue to help you out.

Can you share which versions of WPML and Subscriptions you are using?

Brent

June 27, 2013 at 4:50 am #139408

Lori

Hey Brent - Awesome to hear back so quickly.
Woo Subscriptions: Version 1.3.3
Woo Commerce: Version 2.0.12

and
Woo Commerce Multilingual Version 2.3.2 which I thought might help solve this problem but it gives me the odd error that "WooCommerce Multilingual is enabled but not effective. It requires WPML Translation Management in order to work." But I have been told that Translation Management is incorporated into CMS. Haven't worked that out yet.

July 9, 2013 at 7:15 am #142690

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English )

Hello Lori, Brent,

What is the current state of the issue?

Brent, are you working with David on making your plugin compatible?

Lori, in reply to "But I have been told that Translation Management is incorporated into CMS. Haven't worked that out yet."

WPML Translation Management is a WPML extension/add-on. It is included in the CMS package in the sense that you have access to the extension. You still need to installed it. Do you know how to do that?

July 9, 2013 at 8:18 am #142737

Brent

Hi Sarah,

I haven't heard anything from David (don't actually know who that is) or anyone else from WPML.

Subscriptions should be compatible with WPML as I did a bunch of work on compatibility a couple of months ago, including creating a wpml-config.xml file as described here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/ for some tricky button text.

That said, the strings Lori is referring to are passed through WordPress i18n functions (e.g. _e() & _n()) so should appear for translation.

July 17, 2013 at 8:26 pm #145994

Lori

Hi Sarah - Sorry for the delay and thank you for the followup. I haven't figured this out yet and haven't received any suggestions. But I did download and will install and activate the Translation Management plugin. I'd suggest the documentation on CMS be updated to clarify that the module is available (not included in CMS) to purchasers of WPML CMS.

After fixing a memory problem, I've searched under the string translation for "month" and found nothing, also went through the strings from Woo Commerce and Woo Subscriptions and found no string to translate. jAll I want to do is translate month/month for to mois/mois pour in my French subscription products - see image in first post above.

Hopefully it's an easy fix. I was so surprised this has been difficult - seems pretty fundamental to the Woo Subscriptions plugin - I feel like I'm missing something simple.... thanks. L

Thanks.

July 18, 2013 at 7:35 am #146095

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Thank you both for getting back to me.

@Brent, David is one of our developers that also focuses on everything e-commerce plugin (WooCommerce, extensions, etc.) related. This is why I assumed you were in contact with him.

I will notify him about WooCommerce Subscriptions being now WPML compatible and suggest that this is announced in our blog.

@Lori,
Brent in his comment above yours says that the strings you are looking to translate are wrapped in getText functions.

Can you please confirm that you have "Translate by WPML" enabled under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization -> Select how to localize the theme" and that you have "String Translation" active?

If all that is confirmed then the next step is to scan the plugin for strings under "Strings in the plugins"

After you have run the scan search for the text strings in question on the "String translation" screen: /wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpml-string-translation/menu/string-translation.php

Let me know please how you get on? Thank you!

July 18, 2013 at 4:55 pm #146359

Lori

Hi As I begaun double checking I had the settings you suggested above....I created a monster --
I chose "Translate by WPML" enabled under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization ->

Then I went to String Translations to search for the "month" term in strings and then got this error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 43 bytes) in /home/content/56/10736256/html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/functions.php on line 1044

I tried to logout of the dashboard thinking it might help reset setting and now I can't login at hidden link to admin panel - I get the same error message as above.

Argggh....more help please! Thanks!

July 18, 2013 at 5:42 pm #146377

Lori

I have w3 total cache installed- but have now deactivated.....and have access to dashboard again. I think it's been causing problems - help with that?
Also turned off "translate by WPML" then put it back on. Searched strings for the term month - and still nothing to translate ;-(
I've had to turn on maintenance mode since the site is getting messed up so often - would be very happy to send login/ftp info if you like.

L

July 19, 2013 at 5:55 am #146469

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Lori,

Yes, lets do this. I will email you shortly. Please stand by.

July 19, 2013 at 5:56 am #146470

sarah.n
Forum moderator

The email was just sent. Please let me know if you have not received it.

Thank you.

July 19, 2013 at 4:53 pm #146745

Lori

Got it Sarah -sorry for the delay and replied with requested info.
Thanks.

July 22, 2013 at 8:29 am #147153

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Lori,

This is to let you know that I have received your email reply.

I can see that the text string "month" is translated correctly - please see attached screenshot.

May I ask please where exactly I can see the untranslated content (from the screenshot you provided in your first comment at the top) on the front-end? I cannot locate it.

July 22, 2013 at 4:03 pm #147451

Lori

Hi Sarah - ! I thought you had fixed in because when I went into string translations - finally, I found the strings and translated. I was going to write and thank you this morning! Anyway, problem solved 😉 cross that one off your list. Thank you as always! Still working on reactivating cache but will review tickets first and start a new string.
L

July 23, 2013 at 6:05 am #147622

sarah.n
Forum moderator

OK great! Should you have any further issues with enabling the cache plugin be sure to open a new support ticket so we can assist you.