This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
|September 11, 2019 at 7:16 pm #4556023|
We use WooCommerce MRSP module. At front end we have a site in two langauges (German and Swedish). Base language is English. We have been running the site since early this year. Always used MRSP module from start. Worked fine until now. System is fully updated latest WP, plugins, PHP 7.3 etc., WP Site Health reports 100% ok.
What we did previously is to leave MRSP blank on base language, then add respective Swedish and German MRSP on respective product translation pages. All ok. We can see the values we have previously added, both in front end and back end.
However, what happens now is that when we change an existing MRSP and then click UPDATE, the field is cleared, the value we entered disappears. Furthermore, the value that perviously appeared in the other language for that product also disappears at the same time. In other words when we change any existing MRSP and click UPDATE, all values in all languages disappear both back end and front end for that product.
Not only that, but if we try to establish a new product, any value we put in a languages MRSP is not saved when we click UPDATE.
If, on a new product, we enter an MRSP in the base language we can see this value in the language variants, but if we try then to change one language variant then all values get lost when we click UPDATE.
FYI we raised this with WooCommerce team responsible for MRSP and this was their response:
The MSRP extension defines the MSP pricing fields to be copied between translations via the provided wpml-config.xml file. If that's not working correctly, then it sounds like you'd need to speak with the WPML support team to see why those values aren't being copied across properly. It's also possible that you have different settings for that field defined in WPML.
Unfortunately, we aren't WPML experts, so we can't help debugging that. I'll leave this ticket open and you can come back to us after you've spoken with the WPML support team.
In summary, MRSP was working ok. We updated Woo and WPML to latest and now it doesn't work. We can see old values front and back end, but values are not saved on language pages and changing a value deletes all stored MRSP data for all languages for that product.
If you need Admin access to WP let us know and we will set up staging site as the shop is live.
|September 12, 2019 at 1:02 pm #4561027|
Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )
Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)
thanks for contacting us.
If the issue happened after the update, it might indeed be that the latest WPML version has some compatibility issue with Woo MRSP.
If that's the case, it should be possible to reproduce the issue in a fresh installation, so I'd ask you to try it here: hidden link
You'd need to configure WPML as it is on your site and Woo MRSP and set up a product - please do not add anything that it's not strictly related to the problem.
If it's not possible to reproduce, it means the issue is an exception for your site only.
The topic ‘[Closed] Woo MRSP. Old values visible. New values not saved. Changing a value clears all.’ is closed to new replies.