This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dianaR 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 5:24 pm #3769527

dianaR

I am trying to: translate woocommerce store notice

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to find the string.

Instead, I can't find it.

May 8, 2019 at 7:22 pm #3770507

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I suspect that this message might be within the admin texts. To translate the admin texts you need to follow the steps described in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Could you tell me if you were able to find and translate the store notice by following the steps above?

Kind regards,
Carlos

May 9, 2019 at 1:30 pm #3776505

dianaR

Hi Carlos! The string is already flagged (as you see in the enclosure) but I can't find it when I paste my sentence (of part of it) in the string translation.

May 9, 2019 at 1:31 pm #3776513

dianaR

Enclosure.

May 9, 2019 at 2:52 pm #3777431

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

May 9, 2019 at 7:12 pm #3779053

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for then information provided.

I flushed the cache memory, re-saved the translations in WPML -> String Translation -> Apply some troubleshooting steps in WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link and the issue seems to be gone.

Could you confirm that the issue disappeared?

Regards,
Carlos

May 10, 2019 at 8:25 am #3782215

dianaR

Uhm.. I searched for this sentence:

Siamo in viaggio 🙂 I prossimi ordini partiranno mercoledì 15 maggio

with/without "exact match" and / or "include translations" of the string woocommerce_demo_store_notice ... but nothing. And I can't see this string in "Select strings within domain".

Could you?

May 10, 2019 at 11:33 am #3783757

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

Please see attached image, this is how I founded the string.

Regards,
Carlos

May 10, 2019 at 12:18 pm #3784075

dianaR

Ok thanks. I don't know why I get the old sentence, even thought I changed it in Woocommerce Store Notice... anyway thanks for your help 🙂

May 10, 2019 at 12:18 pm #3784079

dianaR

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!