This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 4:13 pm #4468421

janekZ

I am trying to: translate shop category using there shortcodes and text formats. It works on the original page but on the translated page is a blank

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: shortcodes and formats writen in the cat describtion field. They are on the backoffice but not in the frontend

Instead, I got:

August 27, 2019 at 10:02 pm #4469951

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I noticed that you are using a cache plugin on your site. Have you tried clearing the cache to see if the problem persists?

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

August 28, 2019 at 4:32 am #4471125

janekZ

Problem was with out cache as well

August 30, 2019 at 12:21 am #4483937

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

September 11, 2019 at 2:40 am #4549877

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I downloaded the file you posted and I will check. Soon I will contact you.

Thank you.

September 11, 2019 at 4:53 am #4550573

Bruno
Supporter

I noticed that several of your plugins are out of date. Updating the WPML plugins and WooCommerce Multilingual this looks like the description with shortcodes was displayed correctly.

Please, could you update your plugins and check if the problem is fixed?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocomerce category description using a short-codes and is blank’ is closed to new replies.