This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dimitriosM-2 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Meagan Hanes.

Author Posts
February 3, 2017 at 12:47 pm #1198747

dimitriosM-2

I am trying to:

Create the woocomerce shop translated in French.

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
vaya.mybusiness360.ch

I expected to see:
Shop translated

I followed varius posts on how to do that:

I went to WPML -> Theme Plugin And Localisation.
I selected Woocomerce from the list and check for strings but the translations of French strings inside WPML -> String Translation are all in English.

In my shop page half of strings are French and rest of em in English.
Am I doing something wrong?

February 3, 2017 at 7:49 pm #1199188

Meagan Hanes

Hi there! Sorry to hear you're experiencing some English strings in your French translation.

It's strange that some of the strings are saved with English translations in the French section. If you change these words to French, then refresh the page, do they remain in French or are they translated back to English?

In looking at your screenshot, I see you have features to Add to a Wishlist and Email to Friend. Since these are not built-in features in WooCommerce, I assume you have plugins to create these features. I've had a look at our official list of compatible plugins and can't see YITH WooCommerce Wishlist (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/) so it could be that the plugin has not been internationalized.

If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, and switch to one of default themes, does the problem with the store language translation persist or not? I'd appreciate a screenshot of how it looks with this minimal setup.

NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding with anything (Always a good practice!).

Thanks!
Meagan

February 6, 2017 at 7:38 am #1199873

dimitriosM-2

Hello,

It's not that SOME strings are in English. ALL the strings are in English. When I change the words in French nothing happens. The English persist. I'm using Royal Theme that is WPML compatible and I don't use any more woocomerce plugins.

It's like something overrides the WPML tho.
I could give you my WP credentials if you want to see this with your own eyes.

February 6, 2017 at 2:09 pm #1200444

Meagan Hanes

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**
- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Thanks!
Meagan