Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 5, 2015 at 6:23 pm #612558

kellyh

I am trying to: Hi, I have a problem with my wishlists adding to cart function on the French site (second language) I've made de French site exacly like the dutch one, but when adding an item from a French wishlist, the users gets redirected (I've set via private content to redirect when attempt hidden content) and an error message appears (view screenshot) 'select a list first'. All the setting are done right so I really dont know why the adding to cart results in an error on the French site... Maybe the ?lang=fr in the url is causing the error? Can you help me please?

Also could you help me guide me a little in how to work with the section on the wishlists that is saying: make wishlists translatable?

What is the best thing to choose? Copy or translate? The wishlists dont need to be translated since my users wishlists are made in their language, and only viewed by them and their family. BUt I am just asking because I want to be shore not translating them is not causing errors.. Maybe the error I explained above? I hope not....

Kelly

URL of (my) website where problem appears:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

May 6, 2015 at 6:55 pm #613516

Bruno

What steps should I follow to see the problem? I accessed your site and saw a product, but I did not see any button/link to add the product to wishlist.

About your question on Copy or Translate, if you do not need to translate it, you can select the "Copy" option. This will copy the original field option value for the translation pages.

Thank you.

May 7, 2015 at 6:45 am #613740

kellyh

Hi,

Ok, i decided to make the French site on a subdomain... I have to many problems with the installation as it is so I have to make changes. So can I just expost the French translation I made and then import them on the new installation on the subdomain? And can I just delete the French language on the current one where I will keep just the the dutch version? I wont loose dutch translation?

And can I use wpml on both sites for just manage the naming of the strings? Not really for translating to another language, just naming strings differentlty? Or will that cause troubles?

Thanks!

May 7, 2015 at 7:02 pm #614489

Bruno

If you install a different version of WordPress in the subdomain and import translations, this will not be synchronized with the posts / pages of the default installation.

If you need to change the format of the URL - if it's what is causing the problem, you can change in WPML > Languages > Language URL format. Select the 'Different languages in directories' option and click on the 'Save' button.

The URL of your website will be like: hidden link

Please let me know if this solves the problem and if I can help with anything else.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce add to cart not working in french site’ is closed to new replies.