Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: New Order Admin E-mail is sending in the language the customers made the order

Solution: A new filter wcml_new_order_admin_email_language has added to fix the issue. This filter is included in WooCommerce Multilingual 4.7.1.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/wcml-hook/wcml_new_order_admin_email_language/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by rolandd-5 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 23, 2019 at 9:26 am #4621937

rolandd-5

in update WCML 4.6.5 there is a change: 'Use default language if admin user not exists while sending “New Order” email to admins'.

Since this update of WCML, the new 'admin-order-emails' are only send in the site's default language or in the admin's default language.

This is not logical if you're working with multiple servicedesk each with their own language.

Before WCML 4.6.5, the new 'admin-order-email' was send in the language the the customers made the order. We could filter on the email's title and send it to the correct servicedesk.
But now with update after 4.6.5, we can't do this anymore because the 'admin-order-email' is always in one language. In our case this would be Dutch. We don't want this and want to revert back prior to 4.6.5.

I've search the WPML support forums and found a simular thread, so i'm not the only one requesting to to revert back. And.....It was always prior to 3.65, so I don't understand the change and not desired.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-admin-new-order-e-mail-language/

So....we would like to revert back. How can we do this?

September 23, 2019 at 5:57 pm #4626035

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

I will check about this issue with our second-tier team for the expert opinion and get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 24, 2019 at 2:31 pm #4632481

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Our development team would like to debug the issue further. So to debug the issue without affecting your live site I have created a test site in the sandbox server. It is a fresh installation. Please visit the following URL.

hidden link

Please visit the test site and reproduce the issue(with only must required plugins). It will help us a lot and we can easily forward it for further debugging.

Please check it and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 26, 2019 at 5:40 am #4643579

rolandd-5

Hi Bigul,

I can't test it in the sandbox installation, because i don't see the admin order email. I've installed WP mail log, but it only shows the customer email, not the admin order email.

Regards,

Roland

September 26, 2019 at 12:24 pm #4646775

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Roland,

Thank you for the feedback. Is it possible for you to consider a staging site(clone copy of live site)? So we can debug the issue without affecting your live site.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 26, 2019 at 5:41 pm #4649371

rolandd-5

Hi Bigul,

yes, i've setup a test environment with a clone of the webshop.
can i send you a private message for the login details?

September 27, 2019 at 7:25 am #4652005

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Roland,

Thank you for the updates. I am enabling the private option for the next reply. Please share me the credentials of the staging site.

Also please let me know the exact steps to reproduce the issue on your site for a better understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 27, 2019 at 6:18 pm #4656347

rolandd-5

Yes, that's correct. No problem sending test-emails to that address.

October 1, 2019 at 7:46 am #4669223

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Roland,

Thank you for the updates. I had a few rounds of tests and the issue is existing. The result is similar with the upcoming version of WPML(4.3 beta). Therefore escalating the ticket to our developers for further checking. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 3, 2019 at 12:46 pm #4687723

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Roland,

For your kind information, as of now, it will be considered as expected result. Because WooCommerce Multilingual is using $sitepress->get_user_admin_language to get admin language. We don't have a hook to override the Admin language.

Therefore if you wish I will send it as a feature request. But it will take time to consider and implement it. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 3, 2019 at 12:56 pm #4687849

rolandd-5

Hi Bigul,

The thing is...it was always good until WCML update 4.6.5.

Thereby...WPML is a translation plugin. Everything is translatable, except the admin-order-email. That is strange and not expected.

I still consider this as a bug, because I can't translate a core feature in WooCommerce.

We also need this for our Customer Service as they always received the admin-order-emails, by a filter, for their language.

The bottom-line is that I still don't think this is a 'feature request' but a bug.

Thanks

regards

October 3, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4688217

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Roland,

Thank you for the feedback. I have updated the Dev team about this. We will consider a hook in upcoming release which will help you to get the admin emails in customer order language.

Please note, admin-order-email is translatable and sending in the admin user language now.

We will get back to you as early as possible when we have an update from our developers on this. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 3, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4688331

rolandd-5

Hi Bigul,

Yes, admin-order-email is translatable, but WPML refuse to send the translated versions of the emails.

Thanks and keep me posted.

Regards,

Roland

October 9, 2019 at 7:41 am #4720305

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Roland,

For your kind updates, we have added the hook for changing the Admin New Order email in the development version of WooCommerce Multilingual. This feature will be available in the upcoming version fo WooCommerce Multilingual(4.7).

We will get back to you soon when we have an update from our developers about the release. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 9, 2019 at 7:44 am #4720327

claudioP-10

Hi, just want to say that this is a big issue for us too.

We need new order emails to be sent to us admins in the customer's language, so that we know immediately in what language we have to speak to the customer, and we can assign it to the right team and reply to that email providing additional order details.

Before it used to worked perfectly. We don't know why this has been considered a bug.
Now we receive all emails in Italian (our language). As a result, when we reply to them, our foreign customers receive an email with subject and order summary in Italian, which is very bad.
Plus, we are forced to guess their language based on their country, which is often wrong.

Please restore the old behavior.
Thanks