This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by claudioP-10 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 8, 2019 at 7:42 am #4360467

Michael

The recent change in WCML introduced the new way an e-mail from WooCommerce is being sent to admin. WCML now uses admin language settings to send him e-mails on that language. Previously, a New Order admin e-mail came in a language user who made order chose.

The problem is that when customer language is not the same with admin language, admin and customer get different New Order e-mails. When we reply to our New Order e-mail (to reach the customer and provide him some information about his order), customer receives an e-mail with a new subject on a language he doesn't even speak.

Is there a way to return the way it previously was? We would like to receive a New Order e-mail in the same language user does.

August 8, 2019 at 6:51 pm #4365473

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

By default customers should receive E-Mail in the language which was used on the store page at the moment of the purchase.

The site admin received by default the email in the language that is set as WordPress Admin language. The admin language can be cahnged inside of your WordPress User Profile.

As far I understood there are some part of emails that are no translated correctly?

If so, please go to String Translation and click "translate texts in admin screens" at the bottom of the page. Here scroll down, almost o the end and check for domains referring to WooCoomerce Emails. Enlarge the view for each domain and check the strings. You can mark he strings and apply your selection at the bottom of the page. The strings will now be available on String Translation and translatable.
In case you recognized that a string is assigned to the wrong language (flag) you are able to select strings and change the default language for those strings on the String Translation screen. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

There is further a way to edit the template files used by WooCommerce.

hidden link

hidden link

Let me know if you do have any further question.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 9, 2019 at 7:21 am #4368161

Michael

I would like site admin to receive new order e-mail in the language which was used by user on the store page at the moment of the purchase.

August 10, 2019 at 12:53 am #4373283

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry but WPML does not offer this functionallity and I am not aware of any plugin that might solve this issue.

I would like to ask you to fill out this form in order to submit a feature request:
https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

As alternative you might contact one of our experienced contractors and request a custom coding solution:

https://wpml.org/contractors/

Kind regards
Andreas

August 10, 2019 at 7:38 am #4374833

Michael

Actually, it's how it worked prior to WCML 4.6.5. The change was even reported in 4.6.5 changelog: «Use default language if admin user not exists while sending "New Order" email to admins». All I ask is an option to receive admin New Order e-mails in an old way.

August 12, 2019 at 6:00 pm #4382981

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As mentioned earlier, WPML by default send e-mails in site language to customers and in admin language to the admin or Store Manager.

I realized you opened a ticket about this earlier. Did you try the solution from this ticket?

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/choosing-language-for-woocommerce-admin-e-mails/

Kind regards
Andreas

August 12, 2019 at 6:03 pm #4382993

Michael

I'm not sure you understand what I am trying to say...

August 12, 2019 at 7:09 pm #4383353

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I do understand you, it is just that as far I recall the WooCommerce admin emails will always be sent in admin language. This is WPML default since almost one year and there is not any option to changes this, but changing the admin langauge.

The fix "Use default language if admin user not exists while sending “New Order” email to admins" which you mentioned from our latest updated was about to solve that the admin receives this email mistakenly in user/shop language.

Now, if the site has various admins using different admin languages, then each admin should receive the email in the respective admin language set inside of his/her WordPress user account.

Do I mean that you changed the admin language and the email gets send in a different language?

Kind regards
Andreas

August 13, 2019 at 1:40 pm #4388573

Michael

The fix "Use default language if admin user not exists while sending “New Order” email to admins" which you mentioned from our latest updated was about to solve that the admin receives this email mistakenly in user/shop language.

This is exactly what I am trying to say. In our case, we actually WOULD like admin to receive this email in user language. Just how it always was prior to WCML 4.6.5. Here's a screenshot attached – two orders, first one is from Russia and the other one is from the US.

August 13, 2019 at 9:47 pm #4390969

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to point out the issue again, as it seems we do have a misunderstanding here:

We fixed with the last WCML update a bug, that caused that admin emails were sent in the wrong language which would be in this case the langugae that the customers sees when making his purchase.

This was not default behavior and needed to be fixed.

WooCommerce always sends the admin messages in admin language, not in the language of the store page.

We would kindly like to take you note of the fact that also WPML does by default not handle the admin emails differentely and we will not be able to implement this changes for one individual request. The fact that lately those emails were send in a different language was caused by a bug which has been solved.

Also, code edits on our plugins files, would bet overwritten with one of our future updates of WPML or in this case WCML.

This is why I advised you to contact a contractors as we are dealing here with a custom code request. Custom code request are not covered by our support policy.

Anyhow, a contractor could create a plugin for you that fulfills your needs.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

https://wpml.org/contractors/

Kind regards
Andreas

September 23, 2019 at 9:36 am #4621973

rolandd-5

I have the exact same issue as Michael.
Why a sudden change to only 1 language? We works with customer services with different languages and want to send the admin-new-order emails to the correct Customer Service automatically. That's not possible anymore because all admin-new-order emails are send in only 1 language. Our filters do not work anymore.

Thereby...WPML is a translation plugin, but we can't translate this admin-new-order emails anymore?
What's next? the new order emails only in the sites default language?

Come-on....it always was as it was prior to V4.6.5.

I also raised a ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-admin-new-order-e-mail-language-2/

October 9, 2019 at 7:44 am #4720329

claudioP-10

Hi, just want to say that this is a big issue for us too.

We need new order emails to be sent to us admins in the customer's language, so that we know immediately in what language we have to speak to the customer, and we can assign it to the right team and reply to that email providing additional order details.

Before it used to worked perfectly. We don't know why this has been considered a bug.
Now we receive all emails in Italian (our language). As a result, when we reply to them, our foreign customers receive an email with subject and order summary in Italian, which is very bad.
Plus, we are forced to guess their language based on their country, which is often wrong.

Please restore the old behavior.
Thanks