This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My WooCommerce products in main language shows the featured image on the listing products. Other languages don't show the future image.

Solution: In order to have the featured image and media files on the translation products, the Duplicate uploaded media from original and Duplicate featured image from original options (from the right sidebar when you edit a product) need to be checked.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kévin 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 23, 2019 at 7:03 am #4444615

Kévin

Hello,

After update WPML, my woocommerce products in main language shows the featured image on the listing products. Other languages doesn't show the future image (check the screenshot-1).

For this, I have to set up each product : Media attachments ("Duplicate uploaded media from original" and "Duplicate featured image from original") and update. I have to do that one by one (check the screenshot-2).

When I try to update all featured image products in WPML > Settings > Media Translation.
I check all and I do start. It doesn't work (check the screenshot-3). Duplicate featured image from original works right now for new products but I can't change existing product configuration in one click.

Moreover, I think it's better to duplicate featured image because right now I have to use the function below to get the featured image of products:

$post_id_fr = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $post_id, 'product', false, 'fr' );
$image = get_the_post_thumbnail_url($post_id_fr,'thumbnail');

Thanks

August 23, 2019 at 11:24 am #4446351

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Kévin,

This is a bit strange. No change related to WooCommerce was done in the latest version of WPML. Can you download the previous version of WPML from here https://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog and see if things are working fine?

Basically, in order to have the featured image and media files on the translation products, the two options that you mentioned need to be checked. I guess that the new products work fine because the two options from the right sidebar are checked this time, am I right? I just want to make sure that I understand exactly what are the options that you're using right now.

Thanks,
Radu

August 23, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4446911

Kévin

I checked with a backup. I have the same problem. So it's not a problem with the current version.

I have to check these 2 options to solve this problem. It's easy for new products but how to add these options for current products? I didn't find the solution (WPML>Settings>Media Translation). I tried in Products > Woocommerce multilingual>Settings>Troubleshooting. I didn't find the solution.

The only solution I found is: Select these 2 options for each product manually (boring).

Thanks for you help.

August 26, 2019 at 11:40 am #4458059

Kévin

I still need help. Thank you for your help

August 26, 2019 at 12:36 pm #4458597

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Kévin,

I was checking your website the moment you send me the last message 🙂

I understand that this is a boring process, as you said, but I'm afraid that it's the only way to make the images appear in the translated products. I looked for a faster way to do this but I couldn't find any trick to help you with this. Once you do this change now for all the products, you will never need to do it again.

Thanks,
Radu

August 27, 2019 at 9:59 am #4464617

Kévin

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!