This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cherylR-3 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 22, 2019 at 11:01 am #4070887

cherylR-3

I am trying to: add products to my Woocommerce with variables (different sizes).

I create my products in my dashboard in Printful.com, and then push them to Woocommerce in my WP site. All my products are variable (different sizes).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: my shop is not live so I can't add a link for you.

I expected to see: Product data - variable product, and a 'variations' section to click

Instead, I got: Product data - simple product, with no 'variations' section available.

I've deactivated all WPML plugins and re-activated them - no change. I've changed the theme and tested. Nothing works. *The only way I can get the product to show correctly is by deactivating String Translations and adding the product while it's deactivated.

Note: this is in the main language (English), not the second language (French). Second language pages for my products haven't been set up yet

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this problem only started when I updated string translations plugin sometime in the last couple of weeks.

Thank you, waiting for your assistance. Cheryl

June 24, 2019 at 11:25 am #4076869

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Thanks for all the information,
I would like to diagnose the issue based on the information provided if the case is more likely suspected to the recent update with String translation, please uninstall and delete WPML String translation from the plugins list (this won't cause any data loss). Install an older version of String translation which can be downloaded from https://wpml.org/download/wpml-string-translation/?section=changelog
Check if the issue still persists,

Please let me know the results

Kind regards
Raja

June 24, 2019 at 12:10 pm #4077051

cherylR-3

Hi Raja,

I uninstalled String Translation plugin, and have installed and tested all versions of String Translation from the current one back to 2.10.0, as well as 2.9.1 - and I still have the same problem.

Please advise what I should try next.

Thank you.

Cheryl

June 24, 2019 at 3:15 pm #4078241

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the information,

Is there a way you can reproduce the issue in a clean installation, I have created a test site for you, Please check if the issue still persists when you try to import products from printful, You dont have to clone the entire site or redo the entire process. Upload what ever necessary so that it is easy for me to isolate the issue.

Please also mention the steps on how the issue can be reproduced.

One Click Login to The Test Site:
hidden link

Kind regards
Raja

June 24, 2019 at 5:26 pm #4078991

cherylR-3

Hi Raja, I'm not sure what you need me to do. I've clicked on the link to your test site and opened it. I've made another product in the Printful.com dashboard. It's been pushed to my live site, but not to your test site.

I don't actually 'import' the products, they're created on the Printful.com site, and then pushed to my site by Printful. They're not imported from my WordPress site. So, they're probably not going to push through to your test site, because it's not linked to my Printful account, is that correct?

Please give me clearer instructions about what you need me to do.

Thank you.

Cheryl

June 25, 2019 at 9:21 am #4082653

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Cheryl,

Kindly Apologise if I was not clear, The test site is an attempt to reproduce the issue so that we can isolate the issue with just he WPML plugins activated. I am not sure how printful is pushing the products to your site we might need to check the issue in a clean environment to understand it better.

Please provide me with some more additional information

1) Do you have any staging site where you can push the printful products to that site?

2) Is there a way to add test sites to printful to check the issue?

3) It would be good if you can provide me with the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information).

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in the discussion).

Please also share the server error logs which can be obtained from your hosting provider.

Please share the required information to identify the root cause of the issue.

Kind regards
Raja

June 25, 2019 at 6:53 pm #4086861

cherylR-3

Hi Raja,

Thank you again for trying to help. Actually, I've decided to change my strategy, and put the shop (in only one language) on a new domain, and keep WPML on my blog site (my original domain). It seems that there are too many potential problems using WPML with Printful.com and I don't want to be spending so much time on this and having possible problems in the future when there are more updates.

So, thanks again, I won't be continuing the search for a solution to this problem. Hoping that my blog site will continue to be able to use WPML with no further problems.

Regards,

Cheryl

June 26, 2019 at 11:03 am #4091813

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks, I am able to reproduce the issue with printful in a new installation. I have escalated the issue to the second tier for a detailed look. this seems like a compatibility issue with printful and wpml. we will try our best to make printful and WPML work together.

Kind regards
Raja

July 2, 2019 at 6:56 am #4124389

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Cheryl,

Our compatibility has responded with a workaround solution since Printful is an external service it is hard to debug the issue. Please try the below steps as a workaround solution.

-Create a product without variants in Prinful.com and sync

-Add the variants to the product in Printful.com and sync

I hope this helps you better.

Kind regards
Raja

July 3, 2019 at 5:54 pm #4138471

cherylR-3

Dear Raja,

I'm sorry, but this doesn't help me, I already knew about this workaround. I'm not looking for a workaround, I'm looking for a solution to the conflict.

As I said in my previous message, I've decided that there are too many potential, and not so potential, possibilities for further conflict with WPML and Printful, so I've decided not to use them together.

Maybe someone else will be pleased with the workaround, but not me.

Cheryl

July 4, 2019 at 5:45 am #4140375

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Cheryl,

Printful service is not compatible with WPML, In most of the compatibility issues in order to help the clients we try to give a workaround solution, We will make all efforts to reach the author of the plugins/ service to make it 100% compatible and working with WPML.

The compatibility process will take some time and it depends on the response time of the plugin author and cooperation with our compatibility team. We will try to initiate the process.

Alternatively, you can also request the plugin author to contact us through our go global program to make the plugin compatible with WPML
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Kind regards
Raja

July 7, 2019 at 9:50 am #4157455

cherylR-3

I've been asked by the 'cleanup robot' to indicate if this situation is resolved or not. It's resolved only in that I've decided not to use Printful plugin in with WPML plugin - because there are too many real and potential conflict problems and when you're dealing with an online store, we can't afford these problems.
So, although the problem isn't 'resolved', because there's been no 'fix' (only a workaround which isn't acceptable), I'm closing this discussion. It would be great if WPML could make some relationship with Printful and get their plugin conflicts sorted out so that their clients don't have to deal with this.
Thanks for your time and help with this situation.
Cheryl

July 7, 2019 at 9:54 am #4157461

cherylR-3

My issue isn't resolved, but I've decided to take other action. Unfortunately it means that I can't use WPML as I wanted to, so I might take the decision to stop using it in the future.