Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 3, 2020 at 7:44 am #7155255

ka-chuS

Hi,

Firstly, my site's first language is in Traditional Chinese, and second is in English.

So, for my first language, some of my woocommerce page are automatically translated to Chinese, but some doesn't. For example, the cart page hidden link is automatically in Chinese. However, For the Pup-up shopping cart, the same content doesn't show in Chinese. Here is the screenshot: hidden link

I have checked out the article here: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/translating-cart-and-checkout-pages/

I followed the steps there. I have both woocommerce-[locale-code].po and woocommerce-[locale-code].mo. files. Here is the screenshot: hidden link

I also tried to search from the string translation, and I can't find and translate them.

What can I do here? Thanks!

October 4, 2020 at 9:19 am #7159117

ka-chuS

hidden link

And also for this check out page. How these English wordings can be shown in Chinese?

October 5, 2020 at 5:04 pm #7167363

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Sometimes the woocommere templates are overriden by theme templates. These strings, although they say the same thing, can be registered in a different text domain. So that even if you have translated the Woocommerce strings, the equivalent theme strings may not be translating.

1. Strings to translate
Please make sure that you theme has been scanned for translation strings here:
WPML > Theme and plugins localization

2. After this has been done, use the search filter in the WPml > Strings Translation table to search for the strings that are not translating and try to enter the required translations.

3. If you are still having issues with particular strings, please write back with the string, the URL where they appear on the frontend and system access details to your site.

I am opeining the private area for this information.

Thanks

October 7, 2020 at 3:56 am #7177319

ka-chuS

Hi, This is my first time loading the "Theme and plugins localization" function, and I only chose the parent theme and child theme, a total of 2 themes now, it has been loading for 60 mins, is it normal?

October 7, 2020 at 10:50 am #7180333

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

It can take a long time....but not that long!

What you might do is try this same operation but with only the WPML plugins active and the active theme to something like TwentyTwenty. You can still scan all themes/plugins installed even if they are not active.

If that still does not work....
Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce auto translation is not complete’ is closed to new replies.