This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by George Botsev 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 1:06 pm

michaelS-139

I am trying to:
to translate a bundle-product (built with the WooCommerce Product Bundles"-Plugin). Everyhting looks good, but when trying to add the product into the shopping-basket the following error occur:
#####################################################
"ALLERGIKA® Sensitive set" cannot be added to the cart. groesse is a required "ALLERGIKA® Sensitive pillow encasing" field.
#####################################################

Somehow it looks like, that something with the size-parameter is wrong or is not translated ("groesse" means size in english).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The success-page, that the product is put to the shopping basket

Instead, I got:
the error "ALLERGIKA® Sensitive set" cannot be added to the cart. groesse is a required "ALLERGIKA® Sensitive pillow encasing" field.

August 15, 2019 at 9:34 am #4399923

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting us.
The issue that you are describing looks like a possible issue with special symbols in German.
If you have created the attribute "groesse" in German originally, I suggest you to remove any special symbols from it first and then try again after re-translation/updating the translation.

Alternatively, you can try and re-create the product in English first and then translate to German (and thus the attribute for size will not contain special German symbols and will work).

Please let me know how it goes.

August 19, 2019 at 9:38 am #4414879

michaelS-139

Hello,

i started to create the products in german. So I assume that the attribute was created first in german. Can you please tell me where to change it (so far there are no special character in the word groesse)?

Thanks a lot,
Michael

August 19, 2019 at 9:57 am #4414985

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

You should go to the original product and edit the attribute from there.
The attribute name in example is: Größe
That is sanitized to Groesse and that is not found and because of that is the problem.
I strongly recommend that you should perhaps try and create the product in English and translate it to German or to avoid special symbols as in Größe where there are two of them.