This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.38 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The product description is not shown in the Translation Editor so I can't translate it. Solution: The cause of the issue is the use of mixed content inside the Description box. This happens when there are HTML code and shortcodes in the same content. To fix this you need to include the HTML code inside a visual builder element. Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/#an-important-note-about-mixed-content

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by armins-4 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
October 3, 2018 at 3:50 pm

armins-4

I am trying to: with translator managment don't see the description window, so i cant translate the description of the product. The big problem is, that on some products i can translate the description and on other products i dont see the "description" window
Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

October 3, 2018 at 4:23 pm #2785230

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

The possible cause of the issue is the mixed content inside the Description box.
From what I can see, there is HTML code and a shortcode in the same content.
Can you please try to include the HTML code inside a Fusion builder element?

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Thank you

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/#an-important-note-about-mixed-content

October 4, 2018 at 5:51 am #2786472

armins-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!