Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stephenJ-5 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
December 16, 2017 at 9:01 am #1459427

stephenJ-5

Hi,
I've been having trouble Translating the WooCommerce cart and checkout pages - they both display text in the main language EN. When viewed in the second language (THAI) it's only the product name that changes to Thai. All the other text on these pages remain in English.

I have tried to import the .po files from WooCommerce specifically to load the translations, by going to WPML -> String Translation and scroll down to the Export/Import area at the bottom. Select to Import and then upload the WooCommerce .po file. Select WooCommerce as the domain and check the box to create translations.

I see a screen with check boxes to select which strings to import. BUT... when run the import it crashes and I get a white screen with the following message.

Request Entity Too Large
The requested resource
/wp-admin/admin.php
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

FYI. This happens (same error) if I select ALL strings or just ONE string.
Language Pack I'm using is Thai from hidden link

WooCommerce Multilingual >> Status >> WooCommerce Store Pages = green tick (no errors)
WooCommerce Multilingual >> Status >> Plugins Status = all green ticks

I have not completed product translations yet.
I have not completed Taxonomies yet.

My first though was a server limit problem, but it doesn't create and server error logs and after checking with nice guys at SiteGround they couldn't see any issues.

After two days of trying - I've finally conceded that I need to ask lol 😉 I hope you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I've also attached screen shots - so you can follow along in picture form too.

Many Thanks
Steve

December 18, 2017 at 12:26 pm #1460277

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

1. Diagnostic

To rule out resource erros entirely, please do the following steps and let me know if it works for you

1.1 Temporarily change your active theme to Twenty Seventeen.
1.2 Temporarily deactivate all non WPML plugins except for Woocommerce
1.3 Then attempt to import the .po file into the String translation file

2. More system info
Please also send me the output of a phpinfo() output to see more detail about your php environment

You can follow these steps to create a phpinfo.php file
hidden link

I´m opening a private area for your reply so that this information will remain only visible between you and WPML SUpport.

Thanks

December 19, 2017 at 4:30 pm #1461829

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello.

So, I was able to upload the .po file by increasing the PHP memory allocation to WordPress to 526M in your wp-config.php file. I also changed the file name in of the woocommerce language files to have the correct locale that coincided with the locale associated with the TH language code: th_TH.

Previously, the language files only had the suffix of _th.

WIth these two changes, the language files loaded into the String Table - however a few strings were not registering as the template file had string such as "Update cart" and the .po file loaded strings as "Update Cart" (notice the capital letter on the second word). So, I went through and copied the existing Thai translations from the wrong strings to the template woocommerce strings.

There are still some strings that need translation but they are all registered in String Translation and you only need to complete the translation. You will see these on the cart and checkout pages with the ending "(TH)" appended to the string. This includes the Cart and Checkout page titles.

If you have any questions - please let em know.

December 20, 2017 at 3:25 am #1462202

stephenJ-5

Hi Yvette,

Amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Brilliant!

Happy holidays,
Steve