Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by Harshad 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
January 4, 2013 at 4:46 pm #94324

Andreas

This is a rehash of this issue I had before here: http://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-multilingual-plugin-trashed-my-product-categories/

I am using the Woo Csv Import Suite to create products and categories in my shop. The categories are created but are only found in the All Languages button. This makes sense since the CSV Suite likely doesn't update the language information. Fine, I go to the backend , Troubleshooting -> Set language information->Done. Nothing happens. Categories are not assigned to the primary language. Upon any edit of any of these "Any Language" categories and saving, they are assigned the primary language, but loose all subcategory structure.

Newest versions of everything, including patched woocommerce.

Harshad, caridad and Andreas Neuber have access.

Feel free to do anything you want, I have a backup of the woo-database.

January 4, 2013 at 5:59 pm #94335

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Andreas,

I could also imagine that due to the CSV "direct import" some language data is missing.
We need to have a closer look at the database tables though - would it be ok if I activate your "Adminer" plugin temporarily? Would come in handy.

January 4, 2013 at 8:44 pm #94350

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Well, yes, that is just fine. I believe i have it disabled because it wasn't working, maybe it is now. But yes, anything you need to have a look at the database.

January 7, 2013 at 8:34 am #94523

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Andreas,

Actually the "adminer" plugin doesn't seem to work.

Could you sent me a database dump file instead?
To provide us with a database dump you can proceed like this:
> go to “WPML > Support”
> then click on link to the “troubleshooting” page
> go to box “Database dump”
> click on “Download”
> sent the file to my email address

Also, could you update WPML and WooCommerce to its newest versions?

January 7, 2013 at 8:46 am #94527

Andreas

Database dump coming shortly.

When you say update woocommerce, do you mean update to the newest release from woo? Or make sure to have the newest patched version from WPML?

At the moment I am running the newest patched version from WPML, which isn't the newest version available from Woo. Additionally I have encountered a bug from the current patched version 1.6.5.2 that is fixed in 1.6.6 but since WPML has not release a new version yet, I haven't updated.

WPML is already updated.

January 7, 2013 at 10:19 am #94552

Andreas

Hi Andreas

Not to be a downer, but I am encountering another very common issue with WPML.

Now I'm having a new problem with Woo not obeying its own settings.
On the WooCommerce -> Settings -> Catalog Page
The three options

- Show subcategories on the shop page
- Show subcategories on category pages
- When showing subcategories, hide products

With WPML enabled, the shop does not show the categories. The moment I disable WPML it works fine.

Here is some others with the same issue. One of them was resolved by harshad, but no indication on what was fixed..

http://wpml.org/forums/topic/show-subcategories-in-category-pages-problem/
http://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-subcategories/
http://wpml.org/forums/topic/show-subcategories-in-woocommerce-not-possible-with-wpml/

January 7, 2013 at 10:26 am #94555

Andreas

At the moment I am running the newest patched version from WPML, which isn't the newest version available from Woo. Additionally I have encountered a bug from the current patched version 1.6.5.2 that is fixed in 1.6.6 but since WPML has not release a new version yet, I haven't updated.

Regarding the issue I am encountering in woocommerce that was fixed in 1.6.6

= 1.6.6 - 13/12/2012 =

* Fix - Variation attribute saving issue (cache related). <--- THIS ONE

There isn't a 1.6.6 version available yet from WPML

January 7, 2013 at 10:34 am #94559

Andreas

And before you ask, switching to the default theme Twenty Eleven does not fix the issue with subcategories being displayed. I already tried that.

January 7, 2013 at 12:26 pm #94615

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hi Andreas,

The newest version of WPML is currently 2.6.3 - you are running at the moment 2.6.1

I made inquiries - there is new patched version of Woocommerce from our side.
The download link is: hidden link

Let me know if this makes (hopyfully) a difference.

January 7, 2013 at 12:36 pm #94624

Andreas

OMG derp.
I guess the installer is the new way to receive updates, no longer receiving standard notifications from wordpress. OK

Ok, I updated. It fixed the categories on the front page listing issue.
Going to do and import of the data and see if the language information is properly set. Will let you know shortly. 😉

January 7, 2013 at 12:56 pm #94636

Andreas

Ok, set language information is still not working on product categories. ;(
After the import the categories can only be found on the All languages tab of the product categories. Likely the same for tags.

January 8, 2013 at 12:36 pm #94886

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Andreas,

The categories you see there on the screen-shot, are these correct?
(asking because I see always just one cat. what is a bit suspicious)

January 8, 2013 at 12:51 pm #94892

Andreas

Oh crud, if you are going to work on my site I'll import the current set of data that I have. I am in the process of testing import / exports.

Can you add me on skype so I know when you are going to look and I can have a dataset in there for you to test?

skype name : andreas.tyrosvoutis

January 8, 2013 at 12:55 pm #94896

Andreas

Ok I have uploaded a product to fill out the categories. Have a look.

January 8, 2013 at 5:03 pm #94981

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Andreas,

As long as I don't disturb you, know problem, feel free to work on your site 🙂

I was checking the database records a bit more, not 100% easy, but I think I found at least the problem cause there. The information in the fields "language_code" + "source_language_code" in table "icl_translations" is missing - see screenshot.
So WPML basically doesn't know who is who.

The next point for me to find out is to inquire if the "Woocommerce Csv Import Suite" could be made "WPML compatible" or/and if it that was the case before.

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce Category Problem Again!’ is closed to new replies.