This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 1:54 pm #4246863

vivianK-2

I am trying to: Purchase a product

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
after purchase, you can checkout using this sample details
Tim Testing
178/14 Pasteur Street
Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnam
tim1234@mailinator.com

I expected to see: I'm expecting to see 3-5 sec. loading after clicking the button.

Instead, I got: 10-20 sec.

July 19, 2019 at 5:45 pm #4247727

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Which type of hosting you are using now, shared or VPS or Dedicated?

I have a request. Please upgrade the following configuration for the expected performance of your site and check is there any difference in the site performance.

1) Increase *WP Memory Limit* to *256*(the minimum required memory limit for WPML is *128*). Please check the following links for more details

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

2) Increase the *MaxInputVars* of PHP settings to *5000* or more. Please check the following article for more details or contact your system admin/hosting provider for this purpose.

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 21, 2019 at 1:54 am #4250639

vivianK-2

I'm on shared hosting on Wpengine. I increased the Memory to 512 and Max Var Inputs to 5000. But there is no improvement.

July 22, 2019 at 6:14 am #4254131

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have a few requests to track the issue. Please let me know the following.

1) Which tool/plugin you are using for analyzing the performance.

2) What is the speed when the WPML String Translation plugin is inactive

3) Does it load in 3-5 seconds in other frontend and backend pages than Checkout when all WPML plugins are enabled

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 22, 2019 at 5:25 pm #4260423

vivianK-2

1) Because it's the checkout page I cannot really test with pingdom or gtmetrix so I am using the Chrome Inspector(Network tab) and also simply visual inspecting. If you do a test purchase with the details provided you can see the same thing.

2) With String Translation plugin is inactive it seems to load faster, about 10 seconds. But the main thing I see now is that when the Checkout button is clicked there is no hang time, the browser begins processing immediately. So maybe the problem is here.

3) Load time is between 3-6 seconds on most pages with WPML enabled.

July 23, 2019 at 3:40 pm #4267557

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have visited the Cart and Checkout pages few times. The Google Page load extension is showing 3-6 seconds while vising Cart & Checkout pages. Please check the attached images for more details.

hidden link

So we have a request. Can you please try with this extension and let me know the feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 24, 2019 at 1:05 am #4269363

vivianK-2

So when you clicked checkout and went to the receipt page you didn't notice the lag time between button click and the browser processing?

July 24, 2019 at 1:11 am #4269373

vivianK-2

Also this is for the Vietnamese checkout. I just tested again and see 6.44 seconds with that browser extension. But upon checkout button click nothing happens for 5-10 seconds and then the browser begins to work and process and the page loaded at the 6.44 seconds.

July 24, 2019 at 1:44 pm #4275269

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Have you disabled WPML now? Because I am not able to access the Vietnamese version of the site now.

During my tests I have tried with *Direct bank transfer* and *Cash on delivery* payment methods. In both case the Receipt page is loading 3-6 seconds.

Please let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 31, 2019 at 2:44 am #4311329

vivianK-2

Sorry for my delay. I did have wpml disabled for testing. I've just re-enabled it so you can see what I mean.

hidden link

Tim

July 31, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4314907

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the updates. I went through the secondary language Products, Cart and checkout pages. It is showing 5-10 seconds for the loading(with Page Load Chrome extension). Hope you are also getting the similar result. Please let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 1, 2019 at 2:53 am #4318429

vivianK-2

The issue is not with the Cart or Checkout pages, it's when you click the final Checkout button to go to the receipt page.

Tim

August 1, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4322415

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the feedback. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

Please let me know is it possible to do some tests after deactivating WPML plugins on your site?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 5, 2019 at 5:46 pm #4342323

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the login details and permission. I started the performance testing on it and will do more test tomorrow.

One more request. Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 5, 2019 at 7:32 pm #4342807

vivianK-2

yes, if you need to go ahead and make a duplicator copy of the site.

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce Checkout is too slow than expected’ is closed to new replies.