Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: What can I do to optimize WPML performance?

Solution: WPML 4.3 version solved the performance issues that some sites experienced. Updating to the latest version of WPML and its add-ons should resolve the problem.

If you are still running into performance problems, first follow our FAQ entry about preventing performance issues with WPML. This FAQ includes a number of simple steps to follow.

In case you want to profile your site's performance and get to the bottom of performance problems, follow the guide for debugging performance problems.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 5:26 pm #4349729

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your permission. I had a few rounds of testing after deactivating WPML String Translation, WPML Translation Management, and WooCommerce Multilingual plugins. When one of these plugins is disabled the Shop, Checkout and Thank you pages are loading in 3-5 seconds. But the Thank you page in Vietnamese is showing *Page not found* error a couple of times. Please check the attached image for more details. Have noticed it before?

Now a few of the plugins like Yoast SEO, Beaver Builder Plugin and WP Rocket is using the older versions. Is it okay to upgrade and disable for testing?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 7, 2019 at 3:13 am #4351629

vivianK-2

yes, go ahead and upgrade or deactivate as necessary. I have not noticed that Thank You page not found issue, that is odd. I just did a test purchase though and I did not see that.

August 8, 2019 at 7:31 am #4360323

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your permission. I have upgraded all the activated plugins except *Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder*. Now the Shop, Checkout, Order received pages is loading for me around 4-6 seconds.

When Slider Revolution, Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder and WP Rocket plugins are inactivated these pages are loading around 3-4 seconds. Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul