This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 1, 2019 at 11:18 am #4118275

andreasS-47

== IMPORTANT: Had a chat about half an hour ago about this topic (#4117489) ==

am trying to:

The subject and heading of the woocommerce emails are not in the order language but in the admin language. Our website has english als default language + german as translation.
If an order is created, the language of the order is saved in the database.
The content of an woocoomerce email has the right language, but subject and heading are in the admin language.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
see screenshots

I expected to see:

If sending an email for a german order, the language of heading and subject should be in german as well.

Instead, I got:
instead it is the language of the admin, which updates the order status.
If I change the language of the admin to german, the whole message will be sent in german, but I hope you agree, that the subject and heading of a customer e-mail should be based on the order language, not the admin language.

important imformation: the strings for subject/heading are translated, but obviously they are not used. (see screenshot)

July 1, 2019 at 2:05 pm #4119935

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I have checked the chat ticket you had with Shekhar. The issue with subject and heading not being translated was something that one of our clients reported few months ago ( I worked in that ticket), but it has been resolved in WooCommerce multilingual 4.5.0. Perhaps this is a regression or you are testing this in a different scenario that client had.

Therefore, I like to ask you if you could reproduce this issue on our clean WooCommerce installation?

One Click Login:hidden link
Username:demo
Password:85eTMBKw0c2q

WPML and WooCommerce are already there, along with some other plugins. There is also "Email Log" plugin we will use to test this emails.

May I ask you to the following?
- setup WooCommerce and WPML in the same way it is on your website
- don't bother with content ( I guess we can test this with one simple product alone) or specific WooCommerce settings ( such as shipping methods) - we don't need to those to test this out
- translate subject and heading in the string translation
- try reproducing the issue - by ordering the same languages you do it on your site
- we can use payment gateways such as personal cheque
- send me exact steps to reproduce so that I do it myself and check email logs to see the email output

Let me know if you need more information related to this.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] WooCommerce E-Mails Subject and Heading have the wrong language’ is closed to new replies.