This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Caroline 6 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
May 27, 2013 at 10:32 am #130586

Agency

Hi support,

I try to understand how Woocommerce and WPML are working to choose language when sending mails to customer. I have a shop in French default language and provide English too.

When a customer place an order I always have this case :
- customer e-mail are in french even if he order with english language set
- backoffice administrator only recieve order e-mail copy in english

I'm trying multiple way but nothing change in all case. I'm using those modules :
- WPML Multilingual CMS v2.8
- WooCommerce Multilingual v2.3.1
- WPML Translation Management v1.6.1

May 27, 2013 at 11:30 am #130606

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Agency,

Thanks for mentioning this to us.
Several other users reported the very same problem to us recently and therefore our developers have started since last week to work on a solution.
Let me inquire regarding the status/progress and I will come back to you.

June 3, 2013 at 8:36 am #132296

Agency

Ok thanks for your information.
I have a 3 weeks deadline to complete website translation, I can wait for your feedback. I'm at your disposal to further technical inquire.

June 3, 2013 at 11:59 am #132369

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Agency,

I inquired, the development version is finished but the files were not yet officially released.
However, I'm very sure that releases will published very soon (so 3 weeks should give you enough time).

June 25, 2013 at 11:39 am #138778

Madalin

Any news on this one ??

June 27, 2013 at 6:49 am #139433

Caroline

I also need to know what's going on with this.
My client wants to go live with his website now, but I can't control which language the emails get sent in. The first few (new order and processing) are in the right language, but the completed email sometimes has English headings only, or sometimes is completely in English.

From what I've gathered playing around with it for hours, changing the order status affects the language, (going from on-hold to completed, or completing to processing, processing to completed), although the custom WPML language field posted on the customer order never changes.

Also, I have Smart Coupons installed as well. I've tried everything to get those translated strings to appear, (translations do show up in WPML String area, and they are correct), but emails always get sent out in English.

Here is my complete setup:
Avatars by Peter Sterling version 11.2,
Affiliates Pro by itthinx version 2.3.0,
Affiliates WooCommerce Integration by itthinx version 1.3.3,
Contact Form 7 by Takayuki Miyoshi version 3.4.2,
Installer by OnTheGoSystems Inc. version 0.5,
Really Simple CAPTCHA by Takayuki Miyoshi version 1.6,
Regenerate Thumbnails by Viper007Bond version 2.2.4,
WPML Multilingual CMS by ICanLocalize version 2.8.2,
Slideshow by StefanBoonstra version 2.2.11,
Social Profiles Sidebar Widget by H.-Peter Pfeufer version 1.8,
Widget Logic by Alan Trewartha version 0.56,
WooCommerce Multilingual by ICanLocalize version 2.3.2,
WooCommerce Smart Coupons by Store Apps version 1.2.9.1,
WooCommerce by WooThemes version 2.0.12,
WooThemes Updater by WooThemes version 1.1.1,
WordPress SEO by Joost de Valk version 1.4.10,
WPML Sticky Links by ICanLocalize version 1.3,
WPML String Translation by ICanLocalize version 1.7.1,
WPML Translation Management by ICanLocalize version 1.6.1

I'd be glad to send my FTP/PHPMyAdmin and WP admin access to someone who can help me fix this as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

June 28, 2013 at 5:41 pm #139942

Caroline

Anybody monitoring this?

I forgot to mention that my site is set-up in English but have French content as well.

Status update on this fix and expected delivery date, would be greatly appreciated.

June 28, 2013 at 5:58 pm #139947

Caroline

Also, in case it's helpful, I've turned on debugging for my site, and I get this notice:

Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead.

Unsure if it's related (because has_cap is used by several plugins, including files sitepress-schema.php and translation-management.class.php, which I believe belong to WPML plugins)

June 30, 2013 at 10:39 pm #140207

Caroline

Not that anybody seems to be monitoring this thread...

So, I've been troubleshooting on my own:
[30-Jun-2013 22:29:57 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: translated-users in /home/content/30/10985830/html/store/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/functions.php on line 1198

I've gone through a complete re-install and re-activation of everything essential (other plugins are not activated), and can't seem to resolve this on my own.

Please help.
Site located at hidden link

Email issues seem to be limited to the secondary language (they get sent in English, but not in French)

In case it's related, I also have a 404 issue when processing Woocommerce orders, sometimes the "fr" directory appears in the wp-admin URL, which doesn't exist. This happens when processing orders from French customers, but not always, it's almost like there's an off/on thing that gets triggered when changing order status. This would also explain why emails don't always get sent in the right language.

Similarly, "order notes" randomly switch from English to French when I changed the order status, so this has to be related as well.

PLEASE PLEASE help

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce e-mails’ is closed to new replies.