Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
April 25, 2020 at 6:42 pm #5993725

John

Hello,
Even if I have translated all strings to woocommerce email footer the emails are coming on default text even if I have checkout in another language.
wpml strings translated default from ro lang: hidden link
Email received in ro lang: hidden link

On previous support topic I have migrate my website to cloudways maybe you can use it to debug there. Thanks.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-categories-images-and-custom-images-doesnt-copy/

April 28, 2020 at 12:22 pm #6012323

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I kindly ask you to apply the workaround described in this errata page: https://wpml.org/errata/in-some-cases-some-strings-are-not-translating-properly/

Could you tell me the results of the steps above?

Kind regards,
Carlos

April 28, 2020 at 1:11 pm #6012597

John

Well, I have followed the guide above I have deleted and register again the strings from woocommerce email footer but the emails are still sent with the default email footer message. Any advice?

April 28, 2020 at 2:45 pm #6013277

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I will take a deeper look at this issue as soon as I finish with the other ticket which will take a while because I have to translate (duplicate) a large number of elements.

I will keep you updated on my findings.

Best regards,
Carlos

April 30, 2020 at 2:56 pm #6031789

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

It seems there is a wrong configuration with the string on the email footer. If you go to Woocommerce -> Settings -> Emails -> Email sender options -> Footer text -> The text that appears is in English, however, if you go to WPML -> String Translation -> Filter by 'admin_texts_woocommerce_email_footer_text' domain -> You will see that the default language of the string is Romanian instead of English.

Please change the default language of this string to English -> Save the changes and update the translations. The steps above should solve the issue.

Please don't forget to flush any cache memory that might exists.
Best regards,
Carlos

Best regards,
Carlos

April 30, 2020 at 4:28 pm #6032505

John

hidden link

I have tried same issue 🙁

May 1, 2020 at 11:35 am #6037173

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you for your reply and the attached image.

I asked access to the live site on the other ticket. I will check this issue with the credentials provided and I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Note: I suspect this issue might be caused by some cache memory or a third-party functionality (you can see in our forum that this is not a recurrent problem).

Regards,
Carlos

May 1, 2020 at 11:46 am #6037347

John

Hey Carlos thanks for reply. Please check the last topic message. Have a great day!

May 4, 2020 at 10:30 am #6052569

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi John,

If you are going to create the new site then I believe it's better to close this ticket and if you run into this same issue then create a new ticket with the access information to the new site, send me the link to the new ticket in a message in this same ticket and I will manually take it 🙂

Regards,
Carlos

May 11, 2020 at 12:18 am #6099711

John

Hello Carlos, they are too many languages so creating a new website is out of discussion.
I have tried using we all.import but everything it is messed up.
I still need help showing emails correctly

May 14, 2020 at 12:52 pm #6132377

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi John,

I kindly ask your authorization to create a copy of the site in order to escalate this ticket to our 2nd tier of support.

Best regards,
Carlos

May 14, 2020 at 4:28 pm #6134511

John

Yes sure, the website has no orders is still under construction so everything you need to fix those issues.

May 15, 2020 at 10:57 am #6140335

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi John,

Before I create a copy of the site I kindly ask you to update all outdated plugins, especially Woocommerce and double-check if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your message.
Regards,
Carlos

May 24, 2020 at 10:32 pm #6205865

John

All the modules are up to date. Same issues... 🙁

May 31, 2020 at 8:23 am #6258901

John

Hello, why this topic was marked as solved the issue still persists 🙁