Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by walter-arielM 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
January 23, 2020 at 10:19 am

walter-arielM

Hello, The String Translation plugin causes a conflicto to save the "Woocommerce Email sender options" you can see it in this 1 minute video: hidden link

January 23, 2020 at 10:58 am
January 23, 2020 at 11:00 am #5347597

walter-arielM

Ok, I will be waiting for a fix for this. I just read that the feature you make me to check will slow down dramatically my site.

"* This feature is only intended for sites that are in development. It will significantly slow down the site, but help you find strings that WPML cannot detect in the PHP code."

January 23, 2020 at 7:08 pm #5352537

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Could you please check in a minimal installation by disabling all plugins that are unrelated to WPML and switch to one of the default themes e.g. Twenty Fifteen, Do you see the same issue?

Also, the FTP details you have shared is not working. Could you please recheck the same? If there are any changes you can share it in the next reply. I'm enabling the private fields.

And please make sure that the "../wp-content/languages/wpml/" directory exists and is writable.

Thanks,
Rohan

January 24, 2020 at 11:26 am #5356379

walter-arielM

Hello,

I don't understand why should I create a minimal installation for this issue?
I took the time to make this video hidden link to show you that the issue is related to your plugin.
Even if I create a minimal installation and the issue is gone this will not solve the problem since it is clear (watch the video) that the conflict is fired by the plugin 'String Translation'. If this plugin is disabled then everything works just fine.

January 24, 2020 at 11:32 am #5356449

walter-arielM

I just update with the right FTP Credentials, please let me know.

January 26, 2020 at 7:30 pm #5365847

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I've escalated this issue to the 2nd tier support.
I'll update you as soon as I get feedback from the team.

Thanks,
Rohan

January 28, 2020 at 11:41 am #5376813

walter-arielM

Hi,

Any news about this issue?

January 28, 2020 at 2:34 pm #5378095

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I don't have write permission in the FTP you've provided.
Could you please allow the same?

Thanks,
Rohan

January 28, 2020 at 3:01 pm #5378385

walter-arielM

Hi, where is the private area to send you FTP credentials?

January 28, 2020 at 3:21 pm #5378595

walter-arielM

Forget about the private area. Use this user with the same password:

external9

January 28, 2020 at 3:47 pm #5378901

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Still, I'm not able to delete the file. So I request you to follow the steps below.

The problem appears to be coming from the file: "admin_texts_woocommerce_email_from_name-en_US.mo" in the directory "wp-content\languages\wpml\missing"
If you remove that file then the problem is fixed.

In that file, there is a translation that seems to load always the same value - "Flatsome 209"
Once you update the option - it is updated in the database, but not in that file.
We are not sure about how this happened.
Anyway, please let me know whether the issue is resolved once you've removed the file.

Thanks,
Rohan

January 28, 2020 at 3:56 pm #5378949

walter-arielM

Hello,

What does this file do? I understand that your plugin created this file. If I delete it will I lost other translations?

Thanks

January 28, 2020 at 4:03 pm #5379007

walter-arielM

I deleted the file you told me. It allowed me to change the From Name, but I still can not change the From Email. Take a look at my capture:

January 28, 2020 at 4:12 pm #5379147

walter-arielM

What about this file 'wp-content/languages/wpml/admin_texts_woocommerce_email_from_address-en_US.mo' ?