This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanijaV 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 3:26 pm #4182091

stefanijaV

Hi there,

When sending Shipped Order emails from WooCommerce the body of the emails are translated as they should but the email subject and header (as seen in picture 2) are not translated in the selected language. Image 1 is what the customer should see(expected.png).

I have noticed that the language of the email subject and header depends on the user's WordPress language. If my WordPress user language is English, email subject/header will be English and if Latvian, then subject/header will be in latvian.

This happens regardless if translations for those strings exist and are complete as shown in the images. Is there any way for WooCommerce to ignore the user/admin's WordPress language when sending emails and just use the translation provided?

Best Regards,
Stefany

July 11, 2019 at 6:44 am #4186403

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please check if this issue appears when:

-You deactivate all non-WPML plugins, except the plugins required to debug.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Sixteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Note: Please backup your site completely before doing this test.

Please let me know your results.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 11, 2019 at 10:25 am #4188651

stefanijaV

Hi Dennis,

Deactivated the plugins and tested with the default theme but the issue still persists. It seems that other people have had some success though changing the status of the order from the overview instead of the order details page. That also does not seem to work for me. The email that I receive has its subject and header still in English with the correct body language - in latvian.

As far as I can tell this has been an old issue in WooCommerce that was supposed to have been fixed some time ago.

Best Regards,
Stefany

July 12, 2019 at 4:16 am #4195079

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

In order to for us to investigate this issue, could you please provide a snapshot of your site so we can debug it locally? Here are the step to do this with Duplicator plugin: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/.

Your next reply will be private so you can leave a download links for your snapshot installer and archive. Since the created files may be big, for sharing purposes, you could use services like DropBox and Google Drive among others. Kindly send both the ...archive.zip and the ...installer.php files.

Please also check our support privacy policy https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 15, 2019 at 6:59 am #4207567

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the duplicator package.

Could you please try these steps and see if it resolves the issue?

Note: Please make sure to make a complete backup of your site before proceeding.

-Go to WPML>>Support page
-Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page)
-In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
-Recreate ST DB cache tables
-go to WPML > String Translation, re-save translations of the strings having issues with.

If the issue still persists, as a test, could you please try deactivate Swedbank payment method and activate Cash on delivery payment method and try to checkout using COD and check if it's sending you the email with correct email headings/subject.

Please let me know your results.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 15, 2019 at 10:36 am #4209875

stefanijaV

Hi Dennis,

Unfortunately, none of the recommended solutions work. The payment plugin is not even installed on the development environment where I am testing these issues (which is a copy of the one I have sent you).

Also, it seems that doing your recommended steps broke the option I had with changing the default WordPress language. Now even though I am changing the WordPress language to the one I want the header/subject to be sent in the email arrives only with english subject/header. Disabling all other plugins and sending default emails from WooCommerce does not work either.

At this point I ran out of things to try so please let me know what recommendations you have for next steps.

Best Regards,
Stefany

July 15, 2019 at 1:02 pm #4211307

stefanijaV

Hi Dennis,

I gave up on trying to fix the issue in the current staging environment so I made another one, migrated the live site there and that seems to have fixed the issue. Please delete or make private the two images in the first post that show the received emails. Thank you for the assistance. 🙂

Best Regards,
Stefany