Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 50 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by rolandd-5 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
January 7, 2019 at 6:10 pm #3064028

rolandd-5

Please see ticket https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-emails-title-not-translated/ as the original ticket.

The Woocommerce emails are not translated correctly.

Tested in Google Chrome Incognito browser 71.0 on MAC OS.
Situation 1:
- Main language site = Dutch (NL)
- Added languages = German (DE), Spanish (ES), France, (FR) and English (EN)
- Order made in German language
- Order made with German address and postcode (Dutch embassy in Berlin).

Email:
- Order conformation email is correct. All is in German language.
- Processing email is not correct. Product title = Dutch, Price titel = Dutch.
- Completed email is not correct. Product title = Dutch, Price titel = Dutch.

---------------------

Tested in Google Chrome Incognito browser 71.0 on Windows 10. (different laptop, IP-address and physical location)

Situation 2:
- Main language site = Dutch (NL)
- Added languages = German (DE), Spanish (ES), France, (FR) and English (EN)
- Order made in German language
- Order made with German address and postcode (Dutch embassy in Berlin).

Email:
- Order conformation email is correct. All is in German language.
- Processing email is not correct. Email title = Dutch
- Completed email is not correct. Email title = Dutch

This is on a fully updated system as required by WPML support. The string-translation are also set, but ignored.

If you need access to the system, please let me know.

January 7, 2019 at 6:26 pm #3064049

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hi!

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

You should be able to locate the strings related to those WooCommerce E-Mails at WPML -> String Translation.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

- Go to WPML - Theme & Plugins Localizations
- Select WooCommerce plugin and scan
- Go to WPML - String Translations
- Search for your email strings
- Translate & Save

In case you are still experiencing issues please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards
Andreas

January 7, 2019 at 6:45 pm #3064088

rolandd-5

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunatly the problem still exists.

I've send you 2 screenshots which make it pretty clear.

If you need access to the system, please let me know. It's on a dev-server.

Regards,

January 7, 2019 at 7:01 pm #3064127

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

January 8, 2019 at 4:53 pm #3068095

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

I went to WPML -> Theme and Plugin Localization and scanned the actually used Theme and the plugins for new strings.

I was further able to locate another string on String Translation inside the option "translate text in admin screens" which you can find at the bottom of the screen. (please see screenshot attached.

About the product title and the "Price" tag they must be translated at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Products. I can see for the product in your screenshot that there are various entries for the same product. Please translate them and let me knwo if the issue is solved.

Further, could you please let me know if you experience this issue only on some products or on all of them?

Kind regards
Andreas

January 8, 2019 at 5:59 pm #3068441

rolandd-5

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply.
It's not about the products. It's true there are multiple versions of the same product, but only one variation is visible to the end-user en visitors. The other products is more an administration thing. My client wants to have it like this, that's why.

As I said, it's not about product translation. That's all fine and good. It's the order emails which are not translated correctly. Please see the situations I described in this ticket on January 7th.

regards,

January 8, 2019 at 10:25 pm #3069086

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

When using WPML you are able to translate the WooCommerce E-mails with String Translations.

You should now be able to locate the strings regarding the WooCommerce E-Mails on String Translation. Please see screenshot attached.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

January 9, 2019 at 7:15 am #3069940

rolandd-5

Hi Andreas,

Please read my problem correctly.
It's not related to PDF invoices. The problem is related to the woocommerce emails customers receive for each order-status like 'on-hold', pending, completed etc.

regards,

January 9, 2019 at 2:23 pm #3072132

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

WooCommerce E-Mails need to be translated on String Translation.

The earlier provided screenshot just should be an example for WooCommerce content that is translated with String Translation.

Did you try to find the literal text of the e-mails in String Translation? The should be available there.

I already scanned your plugins for strings so please check again String Translation with domain search or free text search for the contents you are looking for.

For example for the string "Direct banking (free)" I found another string in the earlier mentioned option "translate texts in admin screens". This strings should be now available on string translation.

Further, you referred to a string "Prijs"which also was found in admin texts and added to String Translation.

Even if your default language used to be dutch you may try to locate the strings with the English default text.

Please locate and translate those string to see if this solves the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

January 9, 2019 at 2:40 pm #3072244

rolandd-5

Hi,

Oke clear.

I've found the WooCommerce text in String Translation, but it was already translated complete.

To go back to the WooCommerce order status emails. I don't understand why the Woocommerce confirmation order email is translated succesfully, but any other order status email isn't.
Also I can't find anything about that in string translation and if I should find it, it's in WooCommerce section of string translation.

I don't care about the WP-admin translations, but only correct front-end translations.

Regards,

January 9, 2019 at 4:29 pm #3072717

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

I took a more detailed look into the issue and it appears that some strings inside the WooCommerce E-Mail settings are still set to the old default language "Dutch".

An example here:

Let´s go to WooCommerce -> Settings - Emails and open the E-Mail for "Nieuwe bestelling".

You will find there a string named: [{site_title}] New customer order ({order_number}) - {order_date} at Onderwerp which is set to the default language "Dutch". Please change the default language here to English.

Now enter the string into the search filed on String Translation and this string will appears three times with the domains, default, woocommerce and admin_texts_woocommerce_new_order_settings where it at the moment appears as "Dutch" but it should be default English.

Please see screenshots attached.

Kind regards
Andreas

January 9, 2019 at 6:29 pm #3073319

rolandd-5

Hi,

For my understanding...why have the default language be English? Why can't I set this to a different language?
The strings for "Default" and "Woocommerce" are the same and were completed (see you screenshot String untranslated.PNG. Why ism't that enough?
I've set the string, but can't test it at the moment. Sorry for that. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Then the other strange problem, and that's about the price title and product title in the Woocommerce emails. Please see my earlier reply of today.

Regards

January 9, 2019 at 8:19 pm #3073642

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

In order to avoid issues when translating with WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual it is advisable to leave the store default language in English. Same counts to permalinks and even WPML in general as almost any plugins and even themes use English as default.

This way you can avoid issues like the one you are experiencing at the moment.

We are very sorry about the inconvenience, but in fact I reviewed this issue on my test site and any setting regarding WooCommerce Emails is by default on English, even if my actual default language is different.

I would kindly advise you make the prior mentioned changes to your WooCommerce E-Mail settings. As you can see in the example the default language Dutch for the given E-Mail causes that the Dutch string appears in English WooCommerce default langauge and the actual WPML string for English is not translated (Screenshot from String Translation in last message).

I hope this clarified your question.

Thank you and Best regards
Andreas

January 10, 2019 at 6:24 pm #3077677

rolandd-5

Hi,

Oke, set everything to english, but problem still remain.

The system we test on is a full copy of the live-webshop, but updated to the latest Woocommerce, wordpress and WPML plugins.

So then I did a test on the system which is not updated yet, to the latest version. All WooCommerce status emails are correctly translated. (see screenshots).

Then I even used the same email-templates of the system which is not updated yet (and all emails are correct). Still the same issue.

To Sume-up: On the system which is not updated yet, everything goed well. Even with the translation set in Dutch in Admin.
On the system which is updated, the translation goes wrong.

January 10, 2019 at 8:00 pm #3077950

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

After reviewing your String Translation module in detail now I was able to realize that you use .pdf-files that have been created with various third plugin - WooCommerce PDF Pro, etc.

I am referring back to you screenshot which includes untranslated strings for the word "Price".

Please see the screenshots attached.

I would kindly like to ask you to search for the strings on String Translation and to translate them. If this will not solve the issue we might migrate your website for further debugging.

Kind regards
Andreas