This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Caroline 6 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Dominykas.

Author Posts
July 6, 2013 at 2:24 pm #142128

Caroline

Hi Hyung Suk,
I also posted in this thread but nobody ever got back to me.
I recommend that you start a brand new discussion if you want someone from support to get back to you.

P.s. I have the same issue.

July 7, 2013 at 10:00 am #142182

hyung suk

Hi Caroline,

WPML does not find the solution for the problem yet.
so, here's a temporary solution. In my case, I got back to woocommerce 2.0.5, then everything is Ok. If possible, try it.

Good luck!

July 8, 2013 at 5:15 am #142236

Caroline

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try it as my site needed to be live 2 weeks ago, and I'm still having issues (even after having created 2 separate sites, one in French and one in English....)
Did you simply FTP the 2.0.5 version or did you delete everything woocommerce (including product information) before downgrading to 2.0.5?

May I also ask why 2.0.5 and not anything else in between 5 and 12?
(I think one of my plugins may require something newer than 2.0.5)

Thanks again

July 8, 2013 at 5:51 am #142254

hyung suk

Hi Caroline

These are my versions downgraded:

WordPress: 3.5.2
Woocommerce Multilingual: 2.2 (downgrade 2.3.2 to 2.2 version)
WooCommerce: 2.0.5 (downgrade 2.0.12 to 2.0.5 version)
WPML Multilingual CMS: 2.7.1 (downgrade 2.8.2 to 2.7.1 version)
WPML String Translation: 1.7.1
WPML Translation Management: 1.6.1

In my case
I downgraded the plugins using FTP and all the settings were preserved even after downgrading. However I recommend you backup plugins to downgrade for safty. I don't know why versions above work fine.

Good Luck!

July 8, 2013 at 5:56 am #142258

Caroline

Thanks so much for the detailed answer. I'll give it a try.

July 8, 2013 at 7:05 am #142277

hyung suk

Caroline!

In addition, if you changed woocommerce.css file, after downgrading, replace woocommerce.css file of 2.0.5 version with it of 2.0.12(your present version).

July 8, 2013 at 3:08 pm #142534

Caroline

I saw that WPML had uploaded new updates, so I updated everything to the latest version to give it a try.

All emails do get sent (only tested in French), but they aren't all translated. The same language switch is occurring on the order page (notes go from French to English), but I can now get some sort of AJAX feedback if I try to update the wpml_language.

I did that (attempted to re-save the language as "fr"), then re-sent the completed order email, but that didn't change the email's language. All strings ARE translated, but the system doesn't seem to know to send this email in French.

Also, I tried setting up the "Theme and plugins localization" to "Translate by WPML", but this breaks all email, so I've had to leave it as "translate using .mo files"

I'm already late on this project, so I will attempt to go back to the previous versions suggested by Hyung Suk.

July 8, 2013 at 6:07 pm #142587

Caroline

Hyung Suk,
The latest versions didn't work, and your exact configuration didn't work for me, but I followed you WooCommerce 2.0.5 tip and at least I'm getting all of the emails now... (although a bunch of them show up in the wrong language... I'm going to hard-code them bilingual).

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce emails not being sent.’ is closed to new replies.