Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by brahimL 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
February 12, 2019 at 8:32 am #3187134

brahimL

Dear WPML team,

The featured products in shown in French and english and not shown in Arabic

the featured products are translated to Arabic and English. I can see them in English but not in Arabic.

Can you help please?

Thank you
I am trying to: tto

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: https//yadaoui.com

I expected to see: see attached pics

February 12, 2019 at 10:48 am #3187920

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

- I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

- We have released latest version of WPML v4.2.0, please backup your site and update WPML plugin and all its addons to the latest version:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

- We have another user who was able to solve the same issue like this (Summary at top):
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/featured-products-showing-in-only-one-language/#post-1400565

- If still issue persists, please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

February 12, 2019 at 1:56 pm #3188957

brahimL

Thank Noman for your answer;

I updated the wpml plugins
I made the changes in the wordpress memory
I disabled all the plugins and I kept only wmpl.

And it's the same result: In my home page I can see featured products only in English and in French not Arabic

Thanks

February 12, 2019 at 3:02 pm #3189352

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Could you please let me know, did you try this solution:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/featured-products-showing-in-only-one-language/#post-1400565

If still issue persists, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

February 13, 2019 at 12:49 pm #3194002

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the login info. I am working on this issue and get back to you with my findings.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

February 13, 2019 at 2:28 pm #3194636

brahimL

Thank you Noaman,
Can you please give me a time estimation, because I will stop working on it till you finish.

Thank you

February 14, 2019 at 2:10 pm #3200191

Noman
Supporter

I am testing few things in your site right now. I will update you today on further status. Its a bit strange issue because same featured product is showing fine in other languages except Arabic, so it can be a bug. All other settings seems correct.

I will confirm few more things before escalating the issue further.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

February 14, 2019 at 2:46 pm #3200391

brahimL

Yes, you conclusion is exactly what I said to you 🙂
So, can I work in parallel in the site? Or shall I wait?

Thanks for your support and prompt reply

February 14, 2019 at 4:47 pm #3201014

Noman
Supporter

Yes, you can continue working on your site now.

February 14, 2019 at 6:30 pm #3201421

brahimL

Dear Noaman,

I saw that my footer is lost and there is new items. I understand that you are doing tests. but this is "real online website".

If you cannot find the bug by tomorow (14h00 GMT), or alternative solution, please just go back to the initial situation and I will move wpml and find another tool to translate the website or juste keep one language.

thank you for your support.

February 14, 2019 at 8:31 pm #3201744

brahimL

Dear Noaman,

I found the issue. it's linked to the permalinks and 'string translation' plugin, when I deactivated it every thing works properly.

But I didn't found yet the solution.

February 15, 2019 at 1:29 pm #3205093

brahimL

Dear Noaman,

Sorry to bother you, but did you check my last findings?

BR

February 17, 2019 at 3:57 pm #3209293

Noman
Supporter

Sorry for the delay, I ran into my weekend (Friday, Saturday). Yes I also saw that when I disabled String Translation, the product shows in AR. I tried to reproduce that on a fresh installation but I cant reproduce the issue as it works fine on the test site I created here. hidden link

So the issue is only occurring in your site which is bit strange, I am going to escalate this to our 2nd tier support for further review.

You can continue to work on your site in the meantime. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

February 17, 2019 at 4:18 pm #3209317

brahimL

thanks,

In fact, I am pretty sure that is linked to permalinks also, because it's not only the featured products that are not displayed, but also the content of normal categories.

In french or any language when I activate the string translation, the content of the category is not visible. when I disactivated it, every thing went well.

Is it mandatory to run the string translation while using the wpml plugin?

if not I will diable it.

February 17, 2019 at 4:26 pm #3209323

Noman
Supporter

I have escalated this issue to our 2nd tier support for further review and we will get back to you with an update.

Thank you for your patience.