We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by brahimL 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
February 17, 2019 at 4:29 pm #3209325

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

String Translation addon is needed if you are also trying to translate Theme Options, Content in the header and footer, etc...

February 20, 2019 at 10:21 am #3220771

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have fixed this issue by clearing transients by using below plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/artiss-transient-cleaner/

And now featured products are also showing in Arabic page. Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you

February 20, 2019 at 1:49 pm #3222087
brahimL

Hi Noaman,

Sorry, But the issue is not fixed yet .

I notices that I can see the "Old features products" in the Arabic version, but the new ones.

another issue is:
I cannot see the content of the categories ( I think the link is broken).

I will try to duplicate the website and give you new access . please create a new private post to give you the new credentials.

BR

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-cannot-see-the-content-of-the-categories/

February 20, 2019 at 2:56 pm #3222364

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have enabled private input box for your next reply for featured products issue and created a new ticket for category content issue, since this is a separate issue. Here is the link to the new ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-cannot-see-the-content-of-the-categories/

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

February 20, 2019 at 3:44 pm #3222676

brahimL

Hi,
I sent you new access, please do your best to solve this issue.
thanks

February 21, 2019 at 10:19 am #3226324

Noman
Supporter

I have tried few things on the test site but it didn't help. So the problem is occurring for the New Featured products, I have again escalated this to our 2nd tier support and we will get back to you.

Thanks

February 25, 2019 at 7:01 pm #3241683

brahimL

Dear Noaman,

It there any news?

If you dont find the source of the issue, I will be obliged to change the design of many pages. which I don't like.

Please support me

February 26, 2019 at 12:00 pm #3244621

Noman
Supporter

No sorry, no update yet. I am waiting for the debugging of our 2nd tier, the nature of the issue is complex and is taking more time than usual to find out the cause of this. As soon as I have some news I will get back to you.

Thank you for your cooperation and waiting on this.

March 1, 2019 at 3:45 pm #3262019

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, This is Ahmed Ibrahim from the 2nd tier support team.

I have debugged the issue on your test site, and I was able to fix it please check here:
hidden link

There is a term in the database which is called "feature", and this term shouldn't be translated, and we don't have an interface to translate it, but it somehow has been translated at your database, so to resolve the issue please follow these steps:

- Take a complete backup to your site. (it is important)
- Delete the translation of the "featured" term using the following query:
Please note that I'm using here the table prefix for your staging site "wpblog2_", and I'm not sure if you are using the same prefix at your online site, so please check and change it if necessary.

Delete from wpblog2_icl_translations where translation_id = 421 and element_id = 140;
Delete from wpblog2_terms where term_id = 140;

- Delete any cache if you have caching plugin.
- Open the French (original language) list of the products at the back-end, and un-mark all the featured product, then mark them again to be featured, because this will refresh the old wrong ID for the Arabic products.

Check the front-end and please let me know if it works and if you have any doubts.
Best Regards.

March 2, 2019 at 4:21 pm #3264814

brahimL

Thank you Ahmed 🙂
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!