Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Shipping method not appearing in secondary language.

Solution: WooCommerce changed the way Shipping methods were configured. Now you need to set Shipping Zones and add (and configure) the desired shipping methods for each zone. If you have configured your shipping methods in a previous WooCommerce versions and updated to new version, you'll need to configure the shipping methods again but this time inside your new Shipping Zones. As a confirmation of the issue, you should see your previous shipping methods options appearing with a "(Legacy)" suffix and a message should appear telling that this method is obsolete.

To configure your shipping zones and methods you should: 1. Go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Shipping -> Shipping Zones and click "Rest of the world" 2. Click 'Add shipping method' button inside this Shipping Zone 3. A popup window will appear. Select the desired Shipping Method and click "Apply" button 4. Repeat the previous 2 steps to add all your desired shipping methods to this zone 5. Click on each method to configure it

Related Documentation: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/setting-up-shipping-zones/

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcg-20 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bernat Torras.

Author Posts
October 5, 2016 at 4:28 am #1108511

marcg-20

when switching between languages flat rate shipping does not seem to be syncing. local area and pickup are correct. please see screen shot

October 5, 2016 at 10:00 am #1108790

Bernat Torras

Hi marcg-20,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll be happy to help you with this! 🙂

First of all, could you answer us these questions to let us get a better idea of the issue:

1- Is it happening with all your products of just with some of them?

2- Are you using shipping zones or shipping classes to specify this Flat Rate?

3- Is it only happening with Flat Rate? Is there any difference between the configuration of this shipping method and the rest of them?

Also, I think it would be useful to be abel to log on your site to take a deeper look at your configuration. Could you provide us your backend credentials? I'll enable you a private form on your next reply where you'll be able to share us your backend and ftp credentials with us in a private and secure way. Please fill all required fields to let us take a deeper look at your site configuration and files.

Thanks,
Bernat

October 5, 2016 at 10:00 am #1108791

Bernat Torras

Hi marcg-20,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll be happy to help you with this! 🙂

First of all, could you answer us these questions to let us get a better idea of the issue:

1- Is it happening with all your products of just with some of them?

2- Are you using shipping zones or shipping classes to specify this Flat Rate?

3- Is it only happening with Flat Rate? Is there any difference between the configuration of this shipping method and the rest of them?

Also, I think it would be useful to be abel to log on your site to take a deeper look at your configuration. Could you provide us your backend credentials? I'll enable you a private form on your next reply where you'll be able to share us your backend and ftp credentials with us in a private and secure way. Please fill all required fields to let us take a deeper look at your site configuration and files.

Thanks,
Bernat

October 5, 2016 at 10:01 am #1108793

Bernat Torras

You should see the private form on your next reply.

October 6, 2016 at 12:29 am #1109404

marcg-20

Hi any update on this issue?

October 6, 2016 at 8:13 am #1109605

Bernat Torras

Hi marcg-20,

Thanks for providing the credentials. I've taken a look and I see that your shipping methods were configured before updating WooCommerce to latest version, right? WooCommerce has recently changed the way to define shipping methods and their prices. They've introduced Shipping Zones in their latest versions and now, you're supposed to configure the shipping methods inside these zones (if you only need generic values that are applied to all zones, you should configure them inside 'Rest of the World' zone).

The top links for each shipping method you see in WooCommerce Shipping settings (the ones with "Legacy" suffix) are only appearing because they have been saved in the old WC version, but shouldn't appear in new installs of WooCommerce. In fact, if you take a close look at the content of these pages you'll see a message telling that these options are deprecated and that you should use Shipping Zones instead.

Please, try the following to check if everything works as expected:

1- Go to WooCommerce>Settings>Shipping>Shipping Zones and click "Rest of the world"

2- Click 'Add shipping method' button inside this Shipping Zone

3- A popup window will appear. Select the desired Shipping Method and click apply button

4- Repeat the previous 2 steps to add all your desired shipping methods to this zone

5- Click on each method to configure it

Could you try it and let us know if its working as expected now? 🙂

Thanks,
Bernat

October 6, 2016 at 8:57 am #1109648

marcg-20

Hi Bernat

I like to let you know everything is working regarding shipping at this time. You diagnosed the exact problem :/)