This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My site currently need one more indonesian language, but it seems like not translating the woocommerce page, for instance if I select chinese, wpml will automatically translate my account, cart, checkout page to chinese language, but not happen in indonesian. Solution: It seems that the Indonesian translation files for WooCommerce are not automatically loaded when you add this language to your website. In this case, all you have to do is download the PO/MO files from here https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/woocommerce/dev/id/default/ and copy them to /wp-content/languages/plugins/.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ngS 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 6:26 am #4216527

ngS

Hi, there. I would want to know is wpml have fully support for indonesian translation in woocommerce?

My site currently need one more indonesian language, but it seems like not translating the woocommerce page, for instance if I select chinese, wpml will automatically translate my account, cart, checkout page to chinese language, but not happen in indonesian.

Could you give me some advised about this?

July 16, 2019 at 6:54 am #4216693

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

There should be no issues with the Indonesian language. Please have a look at Dashboard → WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual and make sure that you added the translations for Indonesian on the Store URLs tab. As I understand from your message, the account, checkout, cart pages are missing and everything might be back to normal once you add the translations on this section. Just give this a try and tell me how things work.

Thanks,
Radu

July 16, 2019 at 7:18 am #4216917

ngS

Hi, Radu.
As you can see the cart page in chinese it will auto translate to those string to chinese content, but in indo it don't.

I had follow the instruction you gave, but seems like no any luck. :\
Or do you have the .po file in indonesia language?

July 16, 2019 at 10:18 am #4218921

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

It seems that the Indonesian translation files for WooCommerce are not automatically loaded when you add this language to your website. In this case, all you have yo do is copy the two files I attached here hidden link to /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder (through FTP), and have another look at the cart page. Basically, all the elements translated here hidden link will be available on your website from now on.

Thanks,
Radu

July 19, 2019 at 2:06 am #4242951

ngS

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!