Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 12:03 pm

ericaG

I am trying to: translate products pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: all strings/content available for translation

Instead, I got:
not all field/strings/texts are available for translation some wpbackery text and custom heading are missing. (please note: other pages, posts, portfolio that use same fields not have this problem. I only got this problem in woocommerce.
+
some translated pages do not show the missing texts
some other pages show the text in italian (original language)
some pages show all the texts

I get this error:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/unitradi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/translation-editor/class-wcml-page-builders.php on line 74

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/unitradi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/translation-editor/class-wcml-page-builders.php on line 59

I already tried different solutions from the forum:
- Go to WPML -> Theme and plugins localization -> Scan the theme, the page builder and the related plugins.
- Edit the page in the original language -> Make an small change -> Save it -> Translate the page again.
also
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Click on 'Clear the cache in WPML' button.
- Go to Settings -> Permalinks -> Re-save the permalink structure.
also
I've looked for the missing strings (some are available some are not).
If i find the string and I translate it, when I update the original and go to translate again all if falls back to the original language text...

I'm stuck with this and is impossible for me to solve
+ i've paid someone to input the english translation and probably will need to do it again for this missing fields...

please help!

October 3, 2018 at 8:47 am #2783967

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

It seems like a theme/plugin conflict or a PHP error that is blocking some functionalities and creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

October 7, 2018 at 1:12 am #2793212

ericaG

Hello Shekhar,
I need to keep woocomerce active because I cannot visualise the products page if i disable it, or there is a different way to view them?

I've tried to disable all other plugin and problem persist.
I've also tried to delete and reistall the other plugin and problem persist.
I've then tried to delete all plugin including woocomerce and wpml and even the theme and reinstalled all from scratch but the problem still persist....
really don't know what to try else...
please help!
thanks!

October 8, 2018 at 10:27 am #2795526

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you please create a new product and let me know if the same problem exists?

Further, if the problem exists, I would need to replicate your site on my localhost and perform further debugging, so, could you Please provide me a backup of your wp-content (without uploads) as well as database backup so I can replicate your site on my localhost and perform further debugging.

You can zip these files and upload to google drive later to share it with me.

Thanks

October 9, 2018 at 8:57 am
October 9, 2018 at 4:43 pm #2801179

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

It seems like the string registered for those products are corrupted which are creating the case, in the provided products by you, I can see the issue on hidden link the other URL is correctly registering the strings, so I wanted to know how many products do you know have been affected by this? Can you provide ids of those products?

Could you also follow the below steps and let me know if this helps:
- Go to Dashboard -> Products
- From the search filter, search the product that's having this issue
- Now under the product, you can see the links as below

Sedia pieghevole Logika
ID: 8997| Edit | Quick Edit | Trash | View | Edit with WPBakery Page Builder | Duplicate

- Click on the duplicate link, this will create a copy of your product along with its translation, you can find the copied product under "Sedia pieghevole Logika (copy)" name
- Try to edit the translation, can you see those missing fields?
- If yes, delete the original product and rename the copied product accordingly.

I understand that the suggested steps will not be easy to perform if 100 of products are affected, but if there are only 5/6 products affected you can use this.

Thanks

October 9, 2018 at 7:24 pm #2801785

ericaG

Dear Shekhar,
if I duplicate the product in the copy version there is no problem!

The fact is that I have this same problem in about 500 products (on a total of 650 btw)
Can I check with you where the english translation are in the sql database and if there is a way to bulk import the translations from a cvs file?
If yes I'll import again from cvs all the original products and then I'll import the translations...

Or there is something else that you can suggest me (instead of edit by hand one by one over 500 products of course...)

thanks a lot!
Erica

October 10, 2018 at 6:01 am #2803038

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank for confirming the workaround. I agree that if 500 products are affected this is not the best solution.

Can I check with you where the English translation is in the sql database and if there is a way to bulk import the translations from a cvs file?

You can find about our tables structure here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-tables/

You can use WP all import to import the translation from CSV file, detailed documentation here: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

To provide you a better help, I would need to understand how this issue can be reproduced, so I would need your help again, you mentioned that all these products are imported using CSV file, could you please try to import only one product again and let me know if the problem still exists for the new one?, this will help us to figure out the issue properly.

If the new import does work, you should reimport all the products as it might be some corruption during the import.

Thanks

October 11, 2018 at 10:13 am #2807516

ericaG

Hi Shekhar!
so, I've tried exporting and importing (updating) one of the products with problem. And the problem is solved.
Then I've exported all the product from woocommerce and imported the 'description' field that was the one giving the problem. I've checked a few and seems that the problem was gone.
Today I'm still checking and again I've found 1 or 2 products that still have the problem...
If are only a few I can change them by hand by duplicating as you explained me before, but is there a way to automatically check which products have corrupted file?
and, second question, I'll have to transfer the website to another domain soon, do you thing with the transfer the problems of file corruption are likely to disappear or to be transferred as well?

thanks!

October 11, 2018 at 10:40 am #2807683

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

but is there a way to automatically check which products have corrupted file?

No, it's not possible at the moment, as we can only see the issue while trying to translate.

I'll have to transfer the website to another domain soon, do you think with the transfer the problems of file corruption are likely to disappear or to be transferred as well?

The problem will be transferred as well as while transferring the database will also be transferred which is creating the issue.

Let me know if those import/exports help.

Thanks

October 15, 2018 at 12:19 am #2815906

ericaG

Hi Shekhar!
it turns out that reimporting all description doesn't help because even if in a first instance there were all the fields in almost all the products (only missing about 15 on a total of almost 700)
now again many of the fields in many products are disappeared again.
I'm thinking to pay somebody to import again all products in italian + english because this story is consuming me (and the trainees that are manually changing all the products every time ...)
but the question is: are we sure that if we create all new products the problem will be solved?

October 15, 2018 at 1:10 am #2815944
ericaG

Hello again!
do you think is possible i have a virus on the site or something wrongly set?
From the check we are doing on the 'almost' finished website it turns out that there are many other problems...

1) the previously discussed missing fields on woocommerce products description is not yet solved.

2) content block on the homepage - i've checked with my theme support and they reply to me asking to contact WPML support, here their answer:
Please try to contact the WPML team about this, our team will also contact them.
We checked your site but it seems that the settings were set correctly so we don't understand
the problem is:
I'm not able to translate the content block I'm using at the very top part of the home page...
Original: hidden link
Translated: hidden link
I've set the content as translatable at the bottom of the page, I've translated the content block, but is still don't show up in the translated version.

3)problem of categories not showing in the translated version.
also this I've checked with my theme support and their reply is: n Italian, the links work, it only doesn't work when using the English version.
Could you please check the WPML settings, also try to contact their staff, I think it is something related to the WPML settings and not the theme itself.
you can find full details here: hidden link
original link:hidden link
translated link:hidden link
I assign to products the most detailed category (example Central Post Parasols)
after I set up all the categories with subcategories. So I have for example the category parasols-and-sun-umbrellas and inside 2 subcategory central-post-parasols and side-post-parasols.
in original language I can see the items also in the higher category more general parasols-and-sun-umbrellas and I can see the page also if there are 0 products in it.
in english the page doesn't exist.
But all subcategories and categories with products inside are working fine, so which setting I need to change to make working also the top categories? (assuming the problem is given from categories with 0 products only showing in original language...

4) blog post page with featured images and gallery images missing in translated version.
original is hidden link
translated is hidden link
some post are showing, some are not....

Could you please help me?
I'm really starting to wonder if this is working or not. And really I loose a lot of time to try to check settings and understand what is happening, but I don't think is a problem of settings...
Please help me out!
thanks

October 16, 2018 at 6:06 am #2819825

Bigul
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

I am Bigul from WPML support team. Shekhar is on vacation now. So I am taking care of this ticket. Hope it will be okay for you.

I have opened a new ticket for the other issues. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. I will get back to you soon on the new tickets. Please wait. Thank you for the understanding.

We can continue with the #Issue1 here. You have imported the products as CSV file using WooCommerce Import feature and translated those products into English, am I right?

Does it happen randomly? Are you able to reproduce the issue with a new Product(just for testing)?

Please allow me to make a new duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 16, 2018 at 8:35 am #2820119

ericaG

Dear Bigul,
thanks for your help! I understand need different ticket for different issue.
About this issue the problem happen randomly and we are checking all the products to understand how many excatly are affected.
On new products the issue is not happening.
On products where the issue seemed solved before, now it seems it is happening again. I'll update you later today to confirm this.

edited

let me know if you can find out the solution
thanks!

October 16, 2018 at 4:08 pm #2821727

Bigul
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Erica,

Thank you for the feedback. I have one more doubt to make sure the issue. You have imported the products as CSV file using WooCommerce Import feature and translated those products into English, am I right?

I am enabling the private option for the next reply. Please share me the links of the Products having issues now.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] woocommerce missing strings’ is closed to new replies.