We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 13, 2018 at 9:23 am #2730752

muratA-7

Hello, I have two languages: English (default) and German. When I switch to German and search for products, I can not see any products. Do I have to duplicate each product or is there a better way? Otherwise I have every product 2x and that is not a good solution

September 13, 2018 at 10:48 am #2731131

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for writing us!

I will be happy to help you with this.

The way WPML works is that it creates multiple instances of an article/page/product in the site’s database, storing the correct language information for each of the installed languages.

The reason why there are no products showing in the backend of the German language dashboard is that they have not been created yet.

You can use our “WooCommerce Multilingual” plugin and translate the products using the translation interface.

You can find the translation options that the plugin comes with as well as the required steps that would need to be followed in the below documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

There’s also a second alternative you have in order to display the untranslated products in secondary languages and you can find that here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/displaying-untranslated-products-in-secondary-languages/

Please let me know if you will still need help with this.

September 19, 2018 at 7:19 am #2747538

muratA-7

All products are displayed in both languages. that is OK!
but the categories are not displayed. If I change the language to German (original is English) I would like the categories to be displayed as well. How can I do that?

September 19, 2018 at 8:41 pm #2750019

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Can you please let me know if you already translated the categories?

If they are not translated yet, the information here might be very useful for you:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/

Please let me know how it goes.

September 20, 2018 at 7:28 am #2751189

muratA-7

Hi, i have already translate the cateogories, but the problem still exist. Can you check the settings, i would give the admin access? (with a private message)?

September 20, 2018 at 5:02 pm #2752874

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Of course I can take a look.

I am enabling the private field for your next reply.

September 21, 2018 at 2:31 pm #2755555

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hello.

Let's try a few more things.

I will need you to:

1. From what I see, when I log into the backend, I get this notification "We detected that the product_type field was set incorrectly for some product translations. This happened because the product_type taxonomy was translated. You can fix this in the WooCommerce Multilingual troubleshooting page."

If you go to https://yoursite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpml-wcml&tab=troubleshooting, you will find this "Fix product_type taxonomy terms" section at the end of the page and a "Start" button.

Please click that "Start" button and see if that solves the issue.

2. Another thing that might cause this issue is the fact that we don't have a translation for the moment for one of the products from any of those 3 categories.

Please go and translate any of the products that are under one of these 3 categories and see if the category that product will be under (for example if the product you choose to translate is from the "Men" category, see if that category will now show on the /de shop page).

You can translate a product by going to WPML > WooCommerce Multilingual > Products (just hit "+" on one of the products.

Let me know how it goes.

September 21, 2018 at 2:44 pm #2755570

muratA-7

Hello, thanks for the answer.

to point 1. even if I press Start, the error message does not go away.
The problem is not resolved.

to point 2: I translated a product. The categories of the Products are displayed in German, which are translated. But the site is a marketplace, I want all the products and categories to be displayed in all languages. No matter in German or Englisch. Otherwise I would have every time make translations if a customer creates a product.

you have the freedom to do what you need to do to fix the problem. You have the access data.

Best Regards
Murat

September 21, 2018 at 2:47 pm #2755611

muratA-7

NOTE: As an example: normally I would have to put in the case 1x product with all categories. so that is displayed. but that can not be a solution.

September 24, 2018 at 2:59 pm #2760865

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

This is a known issue and our developers are still working on it at the moment.

However, there are three alternatives for having the site display all the product categories:

1. Don't translate any categories at all
2. Translate all products
3. Use a custom code to automatically duplicate every product as soon as it is created

Regarding custom coding (step 3), here are some of the hooks you may use:
https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_make_post_duplicates/ -> FRONTEND
https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_admin_make_post_duplicates/ -> BACKEND

If you are not a developer, you may need to ask for help from one of our contractors here: https://wpml.org/contractors/

Also, for point 1, have you also tried to refresh the page after you clicked the "Start" button and finished going through the process?

September 25, 2018 at 7:31 am #2762808

muratA-7

Where i have to add this code?

September 25, 2018 at 3:54 pm #2764629

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

The code has to be added into the functions.php file in the theme directory.

However, I strongly recommend to first create a full backup of your current site and then test this on a staging/dev site to make sure it won't affect your live site.