Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by Otto 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
July 23, 2015 at 9:39 pm #665609

Sander

Since the latest update of WooCommerce Multilingual 3.6.5.1 I'm having mayor issues with my webshop.
After trying a lot of things I have figured out that it is a combination of WooCommerce Multilingual and WPML Translation Management. If i disable either of the plugins my site appears the way it should, but when I enable both most of my site is lost. See attachment (with.jpg is with both plugins enabled, without.jpg is with one of the plugins enabled)

Please help me out as soon as possible, we are missing out on a lot of sales!!

Without.jpg
With.jpg
July 23, 2015 at 10:12 pm #665619

gezaL

I second this problem. I too wasted a lot of time on this today. The product categories stop working (on the back end) with this update and so consequently the products don't show up either. When I restore 3.6.4 from backup, it starts working again.

July 24, 2015 at 3:16 am #665685

Jon

Similarly having the same problem, and can confirm that reverting to an earlier version brings things back up. Look forward to the bug fix update.

July 24, 2015 at 2:25 pm #666204

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

Please apologize all the inconveniences.

A fix version was released today: WCML 3.6.6

Can you please try it and let me know if the issue is solved.

Kind Regards

July 28, 2015 at 9:00 pm #668702

Sander

Hi Otto,
Thank you for your reply. Version 3.6.6 has solved that problem, but a whole new problem has appeared since then which is very severe.

It's hard to describe the exact problem because there are so many variables. But I'll try:
I'm running a Woocommerce website (default language Dutch, domain hidden link) and a English translation (domain: hidden link).
I'm also running the Table Rate Shipping module (latest version 3.6.4)

Since the update visitors of the English version of my site (www.prikkedief.com) are unable to order because no shipping rate is selected. It will only say: "Please fill in your details to see available shipping methods."

The strange thing is that when the page loads, the correct shipping rate is briefly shown but then it disappears. What is also strange is that some products will work and others won't (in the Dutch version everything works).
I have configured two shipping classes: standard mail and parcel post
I have configured multiple shipping zones
I have simple and variable products.

I found out:
- Products classified as parcel post: no problem
- Some variable products work and others don't. Once I add a weight to each variable of the product (instead of inheriting it from the parent/master) it will work again
- That reverting to the standard theme doesn't influence to problem/solution
- Sometimes it matters whether you will add the address or city with a capitol letter or not (while in the Dutch version this doesn't matter)
- Adding a new shipping zone and configuring that for the products that don't work does not solve the problem.

I'm really in need of help here. This all started after the update. i'm using only standard products/modules, no customization's. But I'm missing out on international sales at this moment.

I also researched the Forum and found out that this is not a new problem people run into:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-table-rate-shipping-shipping-class-problem/page/2/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/multi-currency-shipping-based-on-shipping-class-bug/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/shipping-calculation-not-working-on-english-translation-on-checkout-page/

Can you please help me out as soon as possible?

Kind regards

July 29, 2015 at 12:40 pm #669199

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

I'm really sorry with this new issue.

The Table Rate Shipping module used to have problems. And we are working with the author's to make it fully compatible. But I think most issues were solved.

So, before escalating the problem to our Themes and Plugins Compatibility Team can you please try the following:
-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non WPML related plugins (keep WooCommerce, WCML and the Table Rate Shipping add on also)
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fourteen.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with wich one there is an interaction issue

If the issue persists I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Please, make a full back up of your site before.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

Let me know your results please.

Kind Regards

July 29, 2015 at 8:14 pm #669545

Otto
Supporter

Hello Sander,

I deployed locally.

I tried with this product: Power bracelet and it shows the standard mail in cart and in checkout.

Can you provide steps to reproduce the issue? Which product to buy, which country to send, and the expected result?

We are already in contact with the plugin author and working together to make it compatible, so your help is very valuable for us.

Thank you!

Kind regards

July 29, 2015 at 8:28 pm #669552

Sander

Hi Otto,

You have to use the English version of the site. In my case it is on a separate domain hidden link.

Products that work as expected (most of the times):
- Power bracelet (standard mail shipping)
- Combi Clutch (parcel post)
- Some of the shirt work (sometimes)

All other product give as a result "Please fill in your details to see available shipping methods." on the checkout page. As far as I have tested it doesn't matter which country you select.
On the View Cart page you can calculate the correct shipping rates without any problem for all of the products.

The steps are basic:
1. Add a product to your cart.
2. Go to the checkout page
3. Fill in details
4. No shipping method is shown.

It is working fine on the Dutch version of the site.

If you want we can set up a Skype call so I can walk you through it. Let me know if that's what you prefer.
Thanks in advance for helping me out. I hope you can find a solution soon.

Sander

July 30, 2015 at 7:37 am #669741

Sander

Hi Otto,
Were you able to reproduce the issue? I'm really in need of a solution. Thanks a lot.
Sander

July 30, 2015 at 12:12 pm #670045

Otto
Supporter

Hello Sander,

Yes I was able to reproduce it locally, thanks.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I forwarded to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author.

Maybe you can ping the plugin's author also, as this may expedite the process.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it in our records. You will be notified the moment we have news regarding this issue.

Kind Regards

July 30, 2015 at 12:36 pm #670079

Sander

Hi Otto,

Thanks for you reply. I have been experiencing these problems since the latest update of Woocommerce Multi Language. Is this a problem on the WPML side or de Table Rate Shipment side? Who will give me assistance in fixing this problem?
I really need a fix as soon as possible, since I'm already missing international sales for three days.

Kind regards

July 31, 2015 at 8:44 pm #671321

ericaD

Hello Otto,

I am the author of the Table Rate Shipping plugin in question. Could you please provide further information as to why you believe this is a bug within my plugin? From my understanding, the problem is solely with variation weights that are inheriting from the parent product, but only when viewed in a secondary language. Furthermore, the user has mentioned that he sees the rate briefly before it disappears and is replaced by one of the WooCommerce messages for no valid shipping options.

I have retrieved the weight for each product per WooCommerce standards:

$cart_weight_total += $product['data']->get_weight();

I do not know how you are handling the weights for the translated products, but by using this function, I ensure that the weight for the product goes through the WC_Product class, and includes use of their weight filter function.

I'm just not really sure how else I am supposed to retrieve the weight in this scenario. The function should and normally would check if a variation weight is present. If it is, it is returned, otherwise the parent weight of the product is given. It seems to work fine in the primary language.

July 31, 2015 at 11:11 pm #671362

Sander

I figured out where the problem is (after installing and configuring a different (Mangohour) table rate shipping plugin and running into the same problems).
Previously you could configure a table rate on multiple Shipping classes (* or Any), this doesn't work anymore. So you have to actually configure all possible options.
Also - in the shipping zone section - you could use the "Except" statement when selecting countries. Also this doesn't work anymore after the latest WPML update.

So something has definitely changed in the latest WPML update causing different modules to behave in a unexpected way.

August 3, 2015 at 12:06 pm #672135

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks for the update! I'll pass that information to our compatibility team.

Meanwhile, can you please try if the issue persists with the recently released WCML 3.6.7.

Let me know your results please.

Kind Regards

August 7, 2015 at 3:31 pm #675602

mikailB

Hello,

since the update I realize the same problem that for english site the shipping method appears for 1-2 seconds while page loading and than it says "Please fill in your details to see available shipping methods." Do you have any updates how to solve this issue?

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce multilingual 3.6.5.1 has caused my site to stop working’ is closed to new replies.