This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 12:29 am #3707049

giladA

Hi. When the woo multi is on, all the links in the account dashboard are not working.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

April 30, 2019 at 10:00 am #3710223

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I tried to visit the provided link without success, I tried the homepage, the admin pages /wp-admin/, always getting an error "This site can’t be reached". I imagine you are activating WooCommerce Multilingual(WCML).

Can you test with the latest release 4.6.2.1?
Can you test in a minimal setup (Default theme(Twenty seventeen) and only WPML plugins activated))? This may detect a compatibility issue with your current theme or with another plugin. If the issue is not present in minimal setup, reactivate theme and plugins 1-by-1 to detect which one is interfering with WPML and WCML.

If the issue is still present, can you activate PHP debugging and share the content of the debug.log file.
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem(visiting an erroneous page).
3. Share the debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here or using DropBox or GoogleDrive.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am #3710603

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Since Jamal cannot see your website, he assigned this ticket to me. In addition to what Jamal had already asked you to do, please also try the following. According to other similar cases that we've had this problem might happen when in WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation the setting for pages is 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language'. So if on your site it is set to 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language' please set it to 'Translatable - only show translated items,' and check if the issue is fixed.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 1, 2019 at 5:29 am #3716063

giladA

Hi Itamar. You was right. it happens because of "use translation if available or fallback to default language" was set for the pages. so now i need to translate every page?

May 1, 2019 at 2:36 pm #3718589

Itamar
Supporter

Great, I'm glad that we have found the source of the issue.

I think that things will work if you translate the account pages and then set the option back to "use translation if available or fallback to default language". In this case, the account links would work and any other page that you do not want to translate will show as translated (meaning fallback to default language).

Please let me know if it working for you.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 5, 2019 at 5:42 am #3741797

giladA

Hi. i have translated the account page. But it doesn't helps. When i switch it back, the problem is back.

May 6, 2019 at 10:16 am #3746951

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Does this issue also happen in a minimum environment?
My point is like this. Do all the links on the account dashboard work when the account pages are translated, and 'Pages' are set to "use translation if available or fallback to default language" in a minimum environment?
Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like Twentynineteen and no plugins activated except WPML.
Is it possible for you to try it?
You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to Twentynineteen (for example). If it persists then deactivate all plugins except the WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce itself (without any of its extensions). Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 7, 2019 at 8:11 am #3755151

giladA

I did it. It happens and i activate the WPML Multilingual CMS.

May 8, 2019 at 2:57 pm #3767979

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] WooCommerce Multilingual and account dashboard issue’ is closed to new replies.