Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
November 23, 2020 at 12:21 am #7504151

mikaelG-6

Hi.

I reported an error which is triggered when a plugin I use for Customer Reviews sends a review reminder to customers. I opened a ticket in their support system and posted the error log and this is the answer I received from them after investigating the issue:

Thanks for reporting this problem.

We checked it but unfortunately it is not something we can fix. The error happens in 'woocommerce-multilingual' plugin. Our plugin calls the standard WooCommerce function wc_price to format the price. However, this crashes 'woocommerce-multilingual' plugin because they are trying to intercept this call but forget to initialize some variables.

Please reach out to 'woocommerce-multilingual' support to resolve this issue.

This is the error code I get every time a mail is sent with a review reminder:

2020-11-19T15:14:43+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Call to a member function set() on null in /home/armsportbu/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/currencies/class-wcml-multi-currency.php:608
Stack trace:
#0 /home/armsportbu/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/currencies/class-wcml-multi-currency-prices.php(825): WCML_Multi_Currency->set_client_currency('SEK')
#1 /home/armsportbu/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): WCML_Multi_Currency_Prices->filter_wc_price_args(Array)
#2 /home/armsportbu/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array)
#3 /home/armsportbu/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/wc-formatting-functions.php(572): apply_filters('wc_price_args', Array)
#4 /home/armsportbu/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-content/plugins/customer-reviews-woocommerce/class-ivole-email.php(222): wc_price(159 i /home/armsportbu/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/currencies/class-wcml-multi-currency.php på rad 608

Seems like WCML crashes due to some error/conflict when other plugins use the wc_price function. Would appreciate if you could send this to the WCML-team and get this fixed as soon as possible, as I currently can't ask customer for reviews.
This is the plugin I use for reviews: https://wordpress.org/plugins/customer-reviews-woocommerce/
and I have the PRO-version of it.

Best regards,
Mikael

November 24, 2020 at 5:09 pm #7519467

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello

I understand that you are raising a compatibility issue with the plugin:
Customer Reviews for WooCommerce

This plugin does not yet appear on our list of tested compatible plugins:
https://wpml.org/plugin/

So, we will have to start a compatibiltiy process. This is how it works.

1. Please upload your plugin to this sandbox site that has been preconfigured with WPML / Woocommerce and sample products.
hidden link

2. Configure your plugin and setup an example using the sample products provided

3. Write back with enumerated and detailed steps on how to see the issue on this sandbox site.

4. I will then confirm the issue, verify that it is not caused by any kind of configuration misstep, and then escalate to our compatibility team.

Please take note: compatibiity issues can take a long time to resolve. We will provide a workaround (unsupported and "as is") if it is easy to do and **if** we can establish a working collaboration with the plugin authors. Compatibility issues usually require a change in code on one side or the other and so an ongoing collaboration has to be established in order for the effort to be worthwhile.

On your end, pease send the following link to the plugin authors to have them reach out to us and resolve this matter much more quickly:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Thanks

November 24, 2020 at 6:18 pm #7519981

mikaelG-6

I think you need to re-read my text. It isn't as much a compatibility issue as it is a bug because of poor coding from WCML-team regarding how they handle/intercept wc_price and you should treat it as such.
It isn't specific to the plugin I mentioned, this will occur for ALL plugins that use wc_price as WCML due to "they are trying to intercept this call but forget to initialize some variables."

So please forward this as an bug to the WCML-team and let them decide how to handle it.

AND it is impossible to recreate the issue, as I stated this occurs when a order is complete in WooCommerce and it has gone 3 weeks and Customer Reviews plugin is sending out an email to the customer to review the products included in the order. This is were WCML handling of wc_price come to play and crash, due to an error FROM WCML part.

November 24, 2020 at 10:28 pm #7520661

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello

You wrote: "..this occurs when a order is complete in WooCommerce and it has gone 3 weeks"
Is this not a configurable parameter with the plugin?

I can see your point, but even with a "bug" we need to recreate the process before I can send anything to development. Same process - different team. Our protocols/procedures are pretty clear. If I cannot replicate the error, the ticket will get sent right back down.

To be honest, this is the first notice of this type of error. I cannot find any reference to this in field in our internal issues database. If it was a "bug" as you say, then it would have come up with other plugins.

If you prefer to have the plugin author notify us, then they can reach us through this channel:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

It might get you a faster solution if they will contact us there.

The topic ‘[Closed] WooCommerce Multilingual bug due to conflict when other plugins uses wc_price’ is closed to new replies.