This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 10:29 am #3662129

stamatiosM

I am trying to: bulk edit products adding them in a product category

When Woocommerce Multilingual is activated after bulk edit submission, product variations have the "Manage stock?" checkbox is unchecked. When we deactivate it bulk edit is fine.

Could you please help?

Thanks

April 23, 2019 at 11:57 am #3663547

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I tried to replicate this issue on my test installation and was unable to. Here are the steps I executed:

- Enable "Manage stock?" option on each existing variation and entered an inventory quantity
- Update product
- Update translated product
- Ensure that the "Manage stock?" option is also checked on translated variations and the inventory quantity is the same
- Then I selected two products (one of which was the one I just edited) and executed "Bulk edit".
- I added a tag and then "Update" (no other changes were made)
- I then checked the "Manage stock?" option on both the original and translated language versions of the product variations.

In both cases, the "Manage stock?" flag was still enabled.

1. Are these steps reflective of the problem you are encountering?

2. Diagnostics
2.1 Does the behaviour still happen if you temporarily deactivate your non-WPML plugins and change your active theme to Storefront?

2.2 Are you using the most recent versions of Woocommerce and WCML?

2.3 Is the checkbox unchecked in both the original AND the translated languages for you?

THanks for the clarifications

April 28, 2019 at 9:15 pm #3699041

stamatiosM

Thanks for your help Yvette,

When I changed the theme to storefront (without deactivating the non WPML plugins) the issue was gone. So I guess it's an issue between the theme and the Woocommerce Multilingual plugin.

Any suggestion?
Thanks

April 29, 2019 at 10:35 am #3702159

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

We would then approach this as a compatibility issue.

For these classes of problems, we ask you to recreate the issue on a fresh sandbox site that is preconfigured with WPML/WCMl.

This means you would upload your theme and then create a simple case that illustrates the problem. Once I confirm this, then I can send the case to our compatibility team to investigate. If they find a workaround, they will invite the author to join the GoGlobal program: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Here, he will receive the support he needs to make his theme compliant.

You should be informed, however, that a solution is not always found. Sometimes the technical complexity weighed against the market demand or ongoing work will not justify a collaborative solution. Our policy is to not modify code that is not written by our own programmers.

If you are open continuing this process, please let me know and I will send you the sandbox site for you to recreate the issue.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce Multilingual causes issues in products bulk edit’ is closed to new replies.